Arko foals, how much??

AimeeLou

Visit site
Saw an Arko foalie in horse deals a while ago with poa.........just wondering how much money an Arko foal would be. And would a filly or colt be worth more, just a rough estimate, obviously other things have to be taken into account ie paces, conformation, mothers bloodlines, etc. Sorry if anyone has asked this before
blush.gif
. Just interested really.
blush.gif
smile.gif

miller

Visit site
Don;t know now - a friend had one of his first crop and advertised her for 6k and got nothing - lost touch with her now so not sure if she ever sold

k9h

Visit site
I would imagine that the mare would be good as he is only avaliable to approved mares???
Wouldn't like to guess how much they go for??

christine48

Visit site
just looked on stallions direct and his stud fee on there was £3250. Seems an awful lot and by the time you have taken into account vets fees etc you wouldn't make a lot of profit if you got £6000. I think Argentinus is cheaper than him.

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
I would be using Argentinus BEFORE Arko.....................as Memo said he is cheaper and is a PROVEN sire......................have not seen any Arko stock to know what they are like.

I have seen some Argentinus stock advertised for much less than £6k............

eventrider23

Visit site
definately ditto about using Argentinus instead. His stud fee is more reasonable and there is no doubt about him being a proven sire.

christine48

Visit site
Argentinus stand at £1750 with world clas stallions. There is a stallion called Armitage by Argentinus, I think he's nicer than Arko.

eventrider23

Visit site
He also has a son called Thunder Van de Zuuthoeve. See: http://www.zuuthoeve.be/html/thunder_e.html
Also got Thunder's full brother as well as having Argentinus semen available. Brendon's stud in sussex has got one of Thunder's very nice sons standing....El Thuder....very nice youngster...I've got 2 in foal to him at the moment. If anything El Thuder is better bred on both sides of his pedigree than Arko and at mo only has a stud fee of £335 inc. vat so definately the more economical option even if he isn't yet proven.

Pic of Thunder Van de Zuuthoeve taken from their site:

http://www.zuuthoeve.be/assets/images/db_images/db_Thunder_46_1_50011.jpg

eventrider23

Visit site
This is only his first season and not yet broken in (only 3 yr old) so that is why he is so cheap...but he is graded, etc. and is going to be something special all going well and horses being horses - all of Brendon's young stallions are at the same stud fee. None of their stud fees are exorbitant really - even Unbelieveable Darco is only £800ish and Caretino Glory is a bit less.