arrghh *WARNING - RANT AND V LONG POST

Skhosu

Visit site
yup, that's the sort of build my boy was, same short of look as well , but probably slightly uglier! (Not as nicely turned out either but..)

Gingernags

Visit site
Well next time they call the pony a cow, say "well he/she (sorry can't remember, I have the brain of a goldfish) might have the colouring of a cow, but he isn't a total cow like some people..."

Or simply "takes one to know one..."

We call a friends 16hh colored a cow pony, but WE mean it affectionately!!!

dwi

Visit site
Daisy is called Daisy because my husband said that she looks like a cow but I know that he loves her.

I woud complain now rather than leave it. Riding is supposed to be something we do for fun, not somewhere we should have to put up with bullies. People don't change, if she said it she meant it and it needs to be nipped in the bud before she upsets you or anyone else, I'm sure your YO would be horrified to know she was speaking to people like that.

SueHammond

Visit site
How rude

If your yard is nice (apart from the one instructor) try to rise above it. I am sure they were just joking, often people don't think that a silly remark may hurt someones feelings. If it carries on it may be best to make a complaint to the yard owner.

At my riding club winter dressage league last year the restricted and open novice classes 1, 2 & 3rd were hairy ponies, two of whom were coloured. Ha - cows are realy rather good at dressage!