Arthritis?

Orangehorse

Visit site
My terrier is 10 years old, but she has suddenly started to look old, her face has gone white. She has been fine, having a good run every day and being pretty active.

She was fine one day, and then the next day had a limp, so I wondered if she had been digging at a rabbit hole and strained something. It improved but hadn't gone after a week so I took her to the vet who gave her a good examination, couldn't find anything, so she gave me some anti inflamation tablets.

She is much, much better but there is still a very slight limp. It doesn't put her off wanting to go for a walk or chasing the birds in the garden. I have started feeding her a "joint supplement" but she is still left with a slight limp, which is worse in the morning, so it is obviously a bit of stiffness too.

Is there anything else that I could do to help her?

Bellasophia

Visit site
You sound to be doing fine by her..
she s ten...I’m 67... your dog and I are on a par..
Every so often my hip flares..I take an anti inflammatory..then I surge ahead. Old age stinks,but comes upon us all..luckily the terrier types will forge ahead.
Keep her weight down,keep her active, within her limits, and give supplements when needed.
I would cut down the runs and replace with shorter walks....when home keep her warm and dry...if it rains ,use a dog coat and after a run give her a warm resting place...she will have a good few years ahead of her with this protocol.