Arthroscopy/stem cell miracles please...

gunnergundog

Visit site
Didn't work with mine....sorry. :( Had grade 3 bucket handle tears in the medial meniscii of both stifles. Was a young 5, rising 6 year old horse. At the end of everything, arthroscopy, stem cell, IRAP, laser, box rest, injections, in hand walking, 6 months in a 20 x 20 he was only ever going to be field sound and that was so long as we could keep his weight right down. I was advised 3 x 1 hour turn out slots on grass a day, with the rest of the time on an inedible surface that he could move around on a lot. He was PTS as in my opinion, the above is no life for a 5, rising 6 year old, for the next 20 years. He was a 3/4 TB x 1/4 ID and a very good doer.

Sorry you find yourself in this situation. Would I do it again? Depends on so many factors: the temperament of the horse, the availability of finance/insurance, the type of horse, quality of horse, level it was working at....what I was happy to accept as the worst possible outcome.

Whatever the answer to the above questions it is not a good predicament to find oneself in.