Arthur Duffort and Logan Duffort

{97702}

Visit site
I have no idea of the back story behind all this, but why on earth are you trying to event a horse which is clearly in a lot of discomfort?

{97702}

Visit site
The photo is of Arthur Duffort at the last BE he did on Aspro in 2015 before he sold him to my daughter. Poor hores.

And you still bought the horse?!! Ah just did a quick google - 4 events, no issues, this looks like a snapshot in time taken at a bad moment.

I'm guessing the horse - unsurprisingly - didn't perform as well for your daugher as it did for a top pro eventer

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The photo is of Arthur Duffort at the last BE he did on Aspro in 2015 before he sold him to my daughter. Poor hores.

And your point is? I could show you equally bad photographs of world leading riders having an off moment on world leading horses. Sometimes people or horses get it wrong, usually when there are lots of cameras around 📷📷 📷

Theocat

Visit site
I don't know the back story but presumably the viewings and vetting were all fine, so I am unsure why a pre-purchase photo of one moment in time is so important?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Where he had one down SJ and went clear XC?

jlz4xQA.jpg

The OP pops up on here from time to time trying to dig out dirt on the Dufforts (who I don't know, btw).

ycbm

Visit site
Duffort is a professional rider, competing up to three star in 2018 on multiple horses. I think we would all have heard if he had any kind of bad reputation, especially those local to him, which appears to be North West from where the horse competed.

I think we can assume that the issues, if they were performance, were with the new rider. Which is horses for you. And if they were physical, well that's horses for you. You don't buy a £15k horse without a vetting, do you?.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Where he had one down SJ and went clear XC?

jlz4xQA.jpg

I don't know the Dufforts either, bit that is a fair record for a 5 yo. Straight out at 100, Bradwall XC is full up and bold so I could forgive a glitch there. Dressage is too consistently good to make me think anything is too wrong, and 3 SJs down of his first 4 starts on a 5yo is not too shabby either.

I could dig up some awful SJ photos of myself TBH. It would not mean anything in a grander scheme of things.

It is awful when a horse goes wrong soon after purchase, I have had it happen to myself - the same day I bought the bloomin thing, and that was after a full 5 stage and X-Rays! Sometimes, whatever the wrongs and rights of it, it is easier on your future happiness to take it on the chin and move on. I went a year without one after the one I mentioned above, to regroup myself and finances, (and regain some trust that not all sellers are snakes) but if I had stayed trying to take legal action then I would not now be enjoying my new horse as I am.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
This photo a few fences further on in the SJ looks better... http://www.thefotografer.co.uk/Gallery/horse/2015/Llanymynech Horse Trials 16th May 2015/event.php?p=GRAH3632.jpg&album=BE100+Show+Jumping

As does this one... http://www.thefotografer.co.uk/Gallery/horse/2015/Llanymynech Horse Trials 16th May 2015/event.php?p=GRAH3637.jpg&album=BE100+Show+Jumping

The other fences show a green horse who looked a bit resistant, and he did bury himself in the bottom of that fence where you have bought the photo.

Is this his XC? Looks like the same horse and rider (same boots!).

http://www.thefotografer.co.uk/Gallery/horse/2015/Llanymynech Horse Trials 16th May 2015/event.php?p=NZ2A0588.jpg&album=BE100+Fence+9

Looks well XC here... http://www.thefotografer.co.uk/Gallery/horse/2015/Llanymynech Horse Trials 16th May 2015/event.php?p=ALIJ1580.jpg&album=BE100+Water

And here XC http://www.thefotografer.co.uk/Gallery/horse/2015/Llanymynech Horse Trials 16th May 2015/event.php?p=ALIJ1569.jpg&album=BE100+Water

TBH, I don't like his jumping style, but as he has a good record I don't think the one photo proves anything, and the record will stand in the vendor's favour.

I would move an and enjoy your next horse.

ycbm

Visit site
And to put thinks in perspective, here is one of the world number one eventer on (not) a world class horse:

article-0-094A6DD9000005DC-728_468x338.jpg
[/URL]

{97702}

Visit site
OP please do not send me unsolicited messages asking me to contact you - I don’t know you, I have no interest in your issue with these people, and I have no interest in discussing the matter with you. I have reported your message accordingly

paddi22

Visit site
Its a bit odd that none of the dressage judges spotted any kind of physical issue and gave such good marks too?
It is very often the case that people buy green horses who have been ridden by pros, and then get absolutely nowhere with them as the horse struggles to adapt to a different kidn of rider. I have a few friends I've seen this happen to, and its not the horse or pros fault. Some pros can literally carry a horse mentally and physically around an event, a lot of the people they get sold to can't, even if they are decentish riders

seelig

Visit site
OP please do not send me unsolicited messages asking me to contact you - I don’t know you, I have no interest in your issue with these people, and I have no interest in discussing the matter with you. I have reported your message accordingly
I am Dyslexic, therefor I fInd it easier to talk. I did not ask you to talk about these people. I put Hi if you would like to give me a ring I will talk to you about Aspro,you was right about how much pain he was in thank you Lisa 07757461852.

ihatework

Visit site
Seelig it’s a daft idea to put your phone number up here, suggest you delete it.

As for the horse I’m sorry that you have bought something that presumably hasn’t met your expectations.

I know nothing about the sellers but you have been posting randomly for a couple of years now. Is it maybe time to accept you got a dud and move on?

If not & you think you were done over then you need to take impartial legal advice.

seelig

Visit site
In 2015 my daughter purchased a horse called Aspro,we were told by Logan Duffort Aspro was her horse but on Aspro British Eventing record Aspro is down as being Georgina Barnett. As Aspro is a Selle Francais his passport does not have any owners down.if any could tell me who owned Aspro in 2015 that would be helpful.

Theocat

Visit site
You said, on here, in 2016, that Georgina Barnett and Duffort were the owners.

None of us on here - unless we were actually one if those people - is ever going to be able to help you or have more information than you do on the receipt for purchase.

You have been trying to get somewhere on this for a long time. It is absolutely evident that you aren't going to get anywhere and you are only making yourself unhappy by trying.

seelig

Visit site
Last year I rang Georgina Barnett and asked her if she was Aspro Du Loir's owner in 2015 and she said she did not own Aspro. British Eventing told me she did own him so I worte to Georgina Barnett but she did not write back. i have lots of information but Rome wasn't built in a day.

ycbm

Visit site
Some good advice:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

AandK

Visit site
Last year I rang Georgina Barnett and asked her if she was Aspro Du Loir's owner in 2015 and she said she did not own Aspro. British Eventing told me she did own him so I worte to Georgina Barnett but she did not write back. i have lots of information but Rome wasn't built in a day.

There are a lot of people who are the owner according to BE but don't actually own the horse, for many reasons.