Pictures Artist's Impression received today...

jnb

Visit site
It is Audrey Smyth - Horsehoe Gallery on Facebook. She does her own interpretation/impression of your horse and I couldn't be happier.
She does also have one-off sculptures and paintings available but you have to be quick!. Some bronze-effect sculptures, wildlife watercolours, she is a very talented lady!

https://www.facebook.com/Thehorseshoegallery

holeymoley

Visit site
Ive just seen this on facebook! I love her models. I did see her though unfortunately on the equine scammers page as someone wasnt happy paying for her model. They look fabulous though.

jnb

Visit site
Wow, i find that hard to believe, she stresses they are not sculptures but an artist's impression to allow for artistic licence, what was the person not happy with??

holeymoley

Visit site
Wow, i find that hard to believe, she stresses they are not sculptures but an artist's impression to allow for artistic licence, what was the person not happy with??

If you have the pleasure of having facebook you can read the complaint on ‘equestrian scammers disputes’. If not, basically its a lady asking for a model and has sent photos of her horse. Lady agreed the price of £100 and £20 postage and has paid two installments of £50 & £70. In-between times the artist has messaged the lady stating it will be an extra £20 as the horse has heavy feathering and a long mane, seller agrees again. Now throwing toys out the pram when seller said it was ready to post and could she please have the £20 for postage.... ??‍♀️ i don’t get some folk. Id just pay the extra £20 and be over the moon with the model!

ihatework

Visit site
If you have the pleasure of having facebook you can read the complaint on ‘equestrian scammers disputes’. If not, basically its a lady asking for a model and has sent photos of her horse. Lady agreed the price of £100 and £20 postage and has paid two installments of £50 & £70. In-between times the artist has messaged the lady stating it will be an extra £20 as the horse has heavy feathering and a long mane, seller agrees again. Now throwing toys out the pram when seller said it was ready to post and could she please have the £20 for postage.... ??‍♀️ i don’t get some folk. Id just pay the extra £20 and be over the moon with the model!

I wouldn’t. She has already added £20 on, been paid in full by the sounds of it, so why should the buyer paid an additional £20? That’s £40 more than they entered into a contract for ?‍♀️

holeymoley

Visit site
She knew it was £100 for the model and £20 for postage. Then half way through the conversation trail the lady said it would be an extra £20 to add feathers/mane or something and the lady responded with a thumbs up. That was said before she started painting. To me that’s an agreement. No idea why the post has been taken away though, ive not had internet for a few hours so not sure how it materialised.

Reactions: jnb

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Yeah, had I sent a photo of a horse with feathers and given a quote for the work I'd be a bit annoyed if the price increased part way through.
If it was just a thumbs up sent I'd want better conformation than that!

holeymoley

Visit site
I think the price changed half way through though as buyer was late with sending payment for the model and seller had to create a different model too and then also the extra feathering. It was something to do with the time it was due to go in the kiln, but again seller had agreed.

jnb

Visit site
I’m really upset that this artists name has been dragged through the mud by the poster on that scammer Facebook page.
The sculptures must take her hours, then the hand painting and firing (twice)
Mine was posted yesterday & arrived today....my boys colouring is very unique and she has captured it perfectly.
I was asked extra for the detail in the colouring (I could have said no but I wanted it to be a likeness and I respected her talent as an artist)
£20 for next day delivery from Ireland beautifully and really securely packaged I do not think unreasonable.
another pic of mine

Attachments

• 5DC71543-1189-4758-B2FD-C145D1DB4D72.jpeg
    5DC71543-1189-4758-B2FD-C145D1DB4D72.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 44

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I absolutely love it. Some of the stuff she has is absolutely beautiful. When lockdown restrictions end and I can visit my brother in NI, this little shop will be on my go to list.

Flicker

Visit site
I’m really upset that this artists name has been dragged through the mud by the poster on that scammer Facebook page.
The sculptures must take her hours, then the hand painting and firing (twice)
Mine was posted yesterday & arrived today....my boys colouring is very unique and she has captured it perfectly.
I was asked extra for the detail in the colouring (I could have said no but I wanted it to be a likeness and I respected her talent as an artist)
£20 for next day delivery from Ireland beautifully and really securely packaged I do not think unreasonable.
another pic of mine

The more I look at it, the more I love it! It is just delightful.