Ashford Horse sales questions

Teddybully

Visit site
Never been before but will be going this week to 'possibly' purchase.

Questions to those who have been:

Is there plenty of parking available for horseboxes? ie, easy to maneuver?

By what time do you have to collect your horse? Immediately after purchase or at end of auction day?

I presume they accept credit cards or is it just debit cards?

Do all the horses entered in the sale have a vet cert?

Thanks!

HollyB66

Visit site
I went to the last sales, but can't help you with most of your questions.

Plenty of parking though - large area for horse boxes.

billy2

Visit site
Hi Teddybully, see you there! I think you can take your purchase as soon as payment is confirmed; they do take credit cards I think but if they don't know you they ask you to lodge your card with them while you are bidding; not everything has a vet cert but there is a vet there and I THINK you can get him to check animals (for a fee). Hope you're not looking at the one I am...

Toffee44

Visit site
Get there early parking is horrible, if you have a trailer you can normally get round the back put be carefull what you leave in your trailer and in sight. Drive past the main parking and you will come to a big bar gate.

Horses tend not to be vet checked, however some are sold SOUND IN WIND EYES AND ACTION and I think you have 14days to prove otherwise and then get a vet cert for refund. Not sure about credit cards but have always accepted my debit card.

I would advise that as soon has you have your winning bid you go and pay for the horse as the queue is normally huge! As all the areas saddlery etc are paid for in the same area. Horses tend to loaded as soon as you have the paper work and there is an available steward. Good luck and remember if you dont make the reserve a lot of people are willing to let horses go cheaper so approach the owner.

Good luck and dont forget to buy a bag of carrots from the carrot man :D

I shall be there egging my boyf to buy more harness :D The only time I didnt go in the last few years I ended up driving up there coz a friend found me Samba lol