ASHFORD, KENT - Emergency stabling/fields needed

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site
I am forwarding this on behalf of someone I volunteer with:

Hi everybody, I know this is totally not for horses so if its not aloud on here then please remove, but it Ashford we've got a crisis of 16 horses that desperately need to have somewhere to stay, their field has been totally flooded and one has does because of it too, I will post the link from the news. Would anybody be able to help or know of anybody? X

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentish_express/news/dead-horses-12642/

16 horses in dire need of assistance, 1 already dead :( :(

Please, please, if you know of, or if you have any spare stables, barns or fields, get in touch with Katie Baker https://www.facebook.com/katie.baker.9883
The local Council are arranging transport, so all that is needed are the homes!

Please, HHO, do your thing!

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
same horses?

This is an URGENT request. There are 17 horses in the field at Romney marsh, not three. The field is going to flood in about 7 hours as a river is estimated to burst its banks. A shelter can take 5. I need every horse person to rally round and see if anyone can board a horse temporarily!! There is only a few hours to go otherwise these horses will DIE. SHARE THIS POST. CONTACT Vinstar West if you can help at all. message her. 07907693445

maree t

Visit site
This was all over facebook last night. Everybody was told that they had been moved by the owners. They were offered a field so thought they were safe ?

Urban Horse

Visit site
Yes these horses are now safe and were moved last night

Hi new member, though long time lurker here, and OH to a mega poster...

After passing the area both yesterday morning, and this morning there are still at least six, possibly seven or more, horses on the floodplain by the dual carriageway that the river passes through. The horses are gone from the area to the right of the footpath that leads from Norman Road to the bridge that crosses the dual carriageway outside the designer outlet, also I think that a family of three (foal, dam and stallion) have been removed from the area adjoining ASDA's carpark, although I can't be certain of that as it's still quite dark when I frequent the area.

Following today's very heavy rain, the river is rising quickly and has already started to overflow it's banks, especially in the area adjoining B and Q's car park, that flooded so badly following the last storm. I don't thnk the remaining horses are as safe as you think.:-(