Ashford sale? Anyone sold there?

samlf

Visit site
I have bought there. the sale is pretty simple , you pay the buyers premium when you sell (so price buyer bids in the ring is the price they pay). all you need to leave the horse with (if it sells) is headcollar/leadrope.
the next sale is feb i think. prices were low last sale, but not low compared to sales as a whole

billy2

Visit site
Is there any way you could sell your horse without entering it at Ashford? I'm not being in any way judgemental, but it's a bit soul-destroying for the horse. And there is a month before the next sale.

Worried1

Visit site
Sorry but it's actually a pretty decent sale. Most make good money and I have bought several from there. Never sold because I'm too much of a softie! Give the office a call, they are very helpful.

spike123

Visit site
I have only brought from there and it isn't that bad a place to sell a horse. The only thing i would suggest is put a warranty on and show the horse being ridden as you will make more that way. 2 of the horses I have brought were rideable horses but not shown under saddle and I paid low money for both. The one I brought ridden fetched good money and it isn't unusual for a good horse to sell through there for more than 1500 to 2000

SpruceRI

Visit site
I've been to the sale several times to buy tack and rugs, but usually go and look at the horses.

To be honest, if they're well handled and have seen a bit of life beyond their own field/stable, then Ashford is no problem. They are in a well fenced pen, supplied with hay and water (presumably by the seller?) and just stand there and get looked at, until it's their time to go in the sale ring. Which is small I think, so they get led round.

There's certainly no whips, shouting or distressed horses from what I've seen. It's all pretty relaxed. Apart from the sellers out the back who do all the hammering up and down with crappy tack, wearing trainers and no hats on!

But that's not a necessity!!

natalia

Visit site
Yes sold there several times. A clean and well presented in good condition horse thats warrented as rideable and can be seen being ridden will always fetch good money. I sold a pony there a couple of years ago that had a reserve on for £600 and went for nearly 2k! I've also bought a fair few out of Ashford, some have been super stars. At least 5 of our riding school ponies were bought from there and they have turned out fab. I've has a fair few other good ones too, including one that is now nearly JA.

charlie55

Visit site
He is advertised and not having any interest, he up for a very low amount for what he is, but when your pregnant, feel like death and spuing up every half hour plus having a 4 year old son, i really do need a quick sale :( I really wouldnt take a horse to a sales unless i was desperate.