Aske or kelsall BE novice?

ollierdog

Visit site
Hey can anyone advise which of the above is the nicer xc for the novice? Have looked at xc pics of both and can't decide, kelsall looked fairly technical last time I saw the course and never been to aske. Will be horses 4th novice, he's very good sj don't mind big xc his weakness will be anything too technical big thank you:)

anna22

Visit site
I haven't been to Aske for about 7 years, but from what I remember back then the Nov wasn't too bad. Kelsall is technical... quite challenging IMO cf the 100 course. I wouldn't take my account of Aske for much though, its been a very long time since I went.

charlimouse

Visit site
Well IME i've always found Aske is pretty challenging at all the levels (that is how the course is described in BE magazine). I'd heard Kelsall Novice was nice (well it was when I last did it about 5 years ago), so I've entered my horse there for his second novice, despite Aske being closer for me.

ollierdog

Visit site
Thanks for everyone's advice, I decided to go for Aske having only seen kelsall which I felt was quite technical, also hoped ground would be very good at Aske with it being an international. Good luck charlimouse!