Asking others to pay your vet fees for a 33 year old...am i the only one who thinks..

Delicious_D

Visit site
This is utterly wrong and insane?

https://www.facebook.com/events/408565699235416/40967628245769

The horse in question is a 33 year old with strangles...and suspected colitis. The poor horse is in poor condition, but the owner has ill health and partner is not working, so she cannot afford the vet bills. She is asking for donations but despite all of this considering buying another horse?

Whatever happened to if you cannot afford it, dont buy it? Owning a horse is a luxury, not a right!

Am i the only one who thinks its bloody cheeky to ask for help. This poor 33 year old has seen better days and IMHO deserves that final act of kindness.

To top it all, her yard has a confirmed straggles outbreak, and yet she is selling items directly from it in a 'raffle'

Last edited:

Delicious_D

Visit site
Scam?

If it isn't, I agree with you - mad.

No, not a scam. Apparently she posted on here once, as a very overweight rider riding this pooor 33 year old. The pics were so bad the BHS were called!

The world has gone mad :confused::confused::(

No, but clearly some thinks they have a right to own a horse nowadays... :mad:

If you cannot afford it, then dont own it!

Dumbo

Visit site
I was added to this group and very reluctant to donate. I don't think it is a scam, but the woman is quite cheeky asking for people to help pay! I feel really sorry for her but many people could do with help with vet bills but it's just not the done thing :(

serena2005

Visit site
You have to have a license to hold a raffle or its a legal offense. You cant just do it to raise funds for vet fees!!

Totally agree with you, the whole things mad. Looks like the page has been shut down anyway

Delicious_D

Visit site
I was added to this group and very reluctant to donate. I don't think it is a scam, but the woman is quite cheeky asking for people to help pay! I feel really sorry for her but many people could do with help with vet bills but it's just not the done thing :(

I joined and i have to say, questioned why the horse was being put through all this trauma as it was clearly suffering. I got called a bint and banned :rolleyes:

You have to have a license to hold a raffle or its a legal offense. You cant just do it to raise funds for vet fees!!

Totally agree with you, the whole things mad. Looks like the page has been shut down anyway

Glad its been shut down. Silly woman *shakes head*. I wont mention using benefit money and scrounging off the public, but if i couldnt afford it, i wouldnt do it!!!!

Link not working.
I remember the threads about the 33 year old horse.

I dont remember these, despite being acused by her as being the main instigator in her 'bullying'

JJones

Visit site
I got added too. Soon un added myself!! Was shocked people were willing to donate when she was considering buying another horse for "stress" reasons!!

Delicious_D

Visit site
That was more in reference to the items being sold from a yard with a confirmed outbreak of strangles. Agree 100% with you on the owner part

I thought she mentioned that her vet had said if she cleaned it then it would be ok to sell but DEFRA told her no, but she was going to do it anyway?

I got added too. Soon un added myself!! Was shocked people were willing to donate when she was considering buying another horse for "stress" reasons!!

Stress reasons but too ill to look after the one shes got....riiiighhht....maybe we should buy her a horse :rolleyes:

PingPongPony

Visit site
OH i remember her! She was the one that chased the poor thing round the school with a whip and made it jump, and if it stimbled or stopped, it got chased even more. As much as i feel sorry for the horse, i wouldn't give a penny to her :mad:

showjumpingfilly

Visit site
Havent seen this but did see a local (absolutely useless) rider/instructor has set up a donations website for people to fund his BS entries with his horses because it's expensive.

He wants no less than £50 a time, and for that money you can go and watch!!

Well first off, he cannot ride for toffee - i struggle to make myself sit up in front of a fence but this guys jumped the jump before he's even facing it! He can't ask for a decent transition, and his pupils are twice as shocking.
And i wouldn't jump his horses over cavaletti let alone a british novice.

People are mental. If you can't afford it, don't do it!! It's enough trouble to fund our own lives/horses/competing let alone everyone elses!!

Delicious_D

Visit site
Havent seen this but did see a local (absolutely useless) rider/instructor has set up a donations website for people to fund his BS entries with his horses because it's expensive.

He wants no less than £50 a time, and for that money you can go and watch!!

Well first off, he cannot ride for toffee - i struggle to make myself sit up in front of a fence but this guys jumped the jump before he's even facing it! He can't ask for a decent transition, and his pupils are twice as shocking.
And i wouldn't jump his horses over cavaletti let alone a british novice.

People are mental. If you can't afford it, don't do it!! It's enough trouble to fund our own lives/horses/competing let alone everyone elses!!

What i dont understand is WHY anyone feels they have the right to ask for help in the first place? THEY have choose the hobby, if they cannot afford it, dont expect others to help!!

DragonSlayer

Visit site
When the farrier comes to mine in a couple of weeks, can I hold a raffle/auction to raise the £160 my bill will be??

I'm cleaning out the tack room this week as it's half-term, I'll list all things on here, please give generously as I also need a new pair of jodphurs, mine are all getting worn....

Delicious_D

Visit site
No, DS, ive seen a foal i want, i reallllyyyy want it, and tbh, its stressing me out not owning it. :(

You should all donate to purchase it for me!

suffolkmare

Visit site
...And I realllyyy need a trailer and new 4x4 to tow it, or maybe a box instead so we can get to a show or two, shall I call Sir Bob to help us all? Can't believe it's "honest cheek", not a scam, but if so then someone set the poor woman straight about responsible decision making for a sick elderly equine, please.:eek:

finnywinny

www.earthwisegardens.com
This girl keeps her horse on a yard not a million miles from me.

She has posted in a local horse FB group about him, apparently she moved him to a new yard where there is now a confirmed case of strangles. The YO has been completely brilliant and honest, she has posted about the confimed case on the FB pages and is keeping everyone updated, and has been applauded by the local horse community for her integrity and openness.

The girl in question seems to have some sort of bee in her bonnet, thinking that the yard were blaming Fred for the outbreak and kept threatening to move him on, despite being told by a vet that no horses were to be moved until test results came back. Then she said he would be pts...

Due to some pretty ferocious comments re moving Fred she has now gone quiet.

Reading her Fb comments she seems somewhat hysterical and very irresponsible, I feel very much for both Fred, who is also unwell, and also her current YO who is no doubt stuck with her for months now whilst the yard is on lockdown. X

little_critter

Visit site
Thought this sounded similar to something I'd seen on the local FB page. I don't know the area or the person but did think she wasnt thinking straight (to put it politely!)
On the other hand the YO sounds excellent, informing the local community as soon as she suspected strangles (even before the tests had come back).
I'm always slightly peeved by the number of people on this local FB page asking for free/very cheep stuff. Feels like they're always on the blag.

Bigbenji

Visit site
Thats spooky i was thinking about someone who posted her a while back with a lovely willing old horse. I think I remember her posts on here :/ was he an old chestnut? Is it the same lady? Does anyone have a link for her old posts or Facebook?

Delicious_D

Visit site
Bb - same lady! Chestnut gelding. White socks.

The YO sounds fab and honest. At least she's taking responsibility. The horse owner is hysterical. She 'outted me' as causing her suffering by bullying her on here.... I had NEVER met her before. My friend alerted me to her and her previous posts!!!

As for bagging for free stuff. Sorry but if she is well enough to look after a horse, why doesn't she work?!

Bigbenji

Visit site
I was actually wondering if he was still going! He seemed such a sweet horse.
I think things got a bit heated on here with her as well :/
Poor fred.

Jazzy B

Visit site
the world has gone mad!!! :(

poor horse and poor yard owner that is now stuck with her!

donations gratefully received for my trailer fund :rolleyes:, I need one it causes me stress not to have one!

Delicious_D

Visit site
I'm so stressed :( I STILL don't own Utopia and valegro. :(

Donations recieved ;)

Having said that, through all of her begging she's only bagged £38 measly quid! And seems proud she's payin off her vet bill this way :rolleyes: