Assisted DIY needed for 2 near Albury/Shere/Chilworth area

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Moving to Albury soon, can anyone recommend a yard in the area of Albury/Shere/Chilworth that offers Assisted DIY (or tell me any to avoid!)?

Must be friendly. Have a school with reasonable surface, and preferably option to bring in own instructor. All year turnout. Secure fencing, with individual, pair or small group grazing. If forage included in the assisted price, must offer hay as neither of mine can have haylage (though am happy to buy hay in, if there is somewhere to store it). Preferable close to off road hacking. Parking for small (3.5t) lorry. Ideally stables at least 12'x12'.

Livery needed for 2 (15.3hh 20yrs mare and a 15.1hh 6yrs gelding), both friendly and well mannered. Need quite flexible assisted DIY as work 12hrs shifts so assistance must be offered 7 days per week (inc bank holidays). Will need both horses turned out, brought in and mucked out 7 days (max of 4 in a row) in every 6weeks when I am on day shifts. Will also need both brought in 7day in every 6 weeks when on night shifts.

Last edited:

suzi

Visit site
Are you on Facebook? Might be worth a post in Surrey Horse and Pony and/or a couple of other local groups. Have you seen any yards?

I can think of a few (Kilnhanger/Lockner/Green Lane) but not sure on exact location or services.