assisted grass livery ? how much would you pay

ponio91

New User
Visit site
seen a ad local , heart of Warwickshire where i know prices are more expensive ... so how much would you pay for the livery offered - Looking at getting my first horse on full loan and dont want to be ripped off

Assisted Grass Livery inc Quality Hay

* Peaceful location on where is nicknamed 'horse alley' by the locals
* 24/7 grass livery with mixed herd turnout
* brand new secure fencing
* brand new secure tack shed on a post and rail yard that is lit for evenings
* brand new huge double entrance field shelter
* no poo picking
* new automatic water troughs
* lots of natural shelter
* excellent quality hay fed ab lib during winter and available year round for hay nets etc
* twice daily checks
* miles and miles of hacking on sleepy country lanes.
* rug changes as required
* bucket feeds (owner to supply feed and supplements)
*electric available for appliances via generator ... tack rooms and gates have motion sensor lights for dark evenings
*fields harrowed and rolled regularly
* applications of suncream/fly spray as required (to be provided by owner)

Very small quiet yard to join my two horses. Owner is welcome anytime but not required to come everyday, ideal for busy mum's, full time workers etc who can only come weekends but want to know their horse will be well looked after... Someone on call 24 hours a day in case of emergency .

*services such as farrier,worming ,walks out in hand, grooming , handler for vet/ dentist appointments also available and can be tailored into package for extra

*temporary grass menage for summer use to come shortly

(will put how much they are charging per month after )

Last edited:

noodle_

Visit site
25 a week summer and more for haylege in winter

That's what I've paid for what you describe....
I'm Cheshire though... Be more there?

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I pay £55 a week for the same service though this includes feeds. In winter it's an additional £40 a month for haylage.

Marmite Sandwich

Visit site
Also in Warwickshire and non assisted grass livery by me is £15 a week with jumping paddock and sand school. Yard facilities electric, water, lights etc to include haylage I would expect an extra 10 per week max. Very interested to hear price now :)

ponio91

New User
Visit site
Also in Warwickshire and non assisted grass livery by me is £15 a week with jumping paddock and sand school. Yard facilities electric, water, lights etc to include haylage I would expect an extra 10 per week max. Very interested to hear price now :)

It is £150 per month :/

Silmarillion

Visit site
I'm paying £135 a month for full grass livery in Dorset, which is a field, all field management including harrowing for poos, and includes hay / haylage for six months of the year. No rugs, no feeds, no facilities (rugs / feeds / vet / farrier are extra). This is by far the cheapest place I could find and most places are charging upwards of £200 a month for this. £150 sounds very good to me!

ponio91

New User
Visit site
It's sounds great the only thing they don't mention is fatty management .

Have just spoken to the lady offering the livery . I am bringing a friend with me and we are going out to see the yard and have a chat this afternoon .... will let everyone know how it goes as i havent had any recommendations just seen ad in local feed store

khalswitz

Visit site
I paid £50 a week for full grass livery, included hard feed and haylage but not supps etc, she fed twice a day, changed rugs, poo picked, would hold for farrier, there was a floodlit outdoor and miles of off-road hacking, plus I had a stable for emergencies, a locked tack room with heaps of storage space and all the land was cross grazed with sheep to keep worms down.

ponio91

New User
Visit site
seen a ad local , heart of Warwickshire where i know prices are more expensive ... so how much would you pay for the livery offered - Looking at getting my first horse on full loan and dont want to be ripped off

Assisted Grass Livery inc Quality Hay

* Peaceful location on where is nicknamed 'horse alley' by the locals
* 24/7 grass livery with mixed herd turnout
* brand new secure fencing
* brand new secure tack shed on a post and rail yard that is lit for evenings
* brand new huge double entrance field shelter
* no poo picking
* new automatic water troughs
* lots of natural shelter
* excellent quality hay fed ab lib during winter and available year round for hay nets etc
* twice daily checks
* miles and miles of hacking on sleepy country lanes.
* rug changes as required
* bucket feeds (owner to supply feed and supplements)
*electric available for appliances via generator ... tack rooms and gates have motion sensor lights for dark evenings
*fields harrowed and rolled regularly
* applications of suncream/fly spray as required (to be provided by owner)

Very small quiet yard to join my two horses. Owner is welcome anytime but not required to come everyday, ideal for busy mum's, full time workers etc who can only come weekends but want to know their horse will be well looked after... Someone on call 24 hours a day in case of emergency .

*services such as farrier,worming ,walks out in hand, grooming , handler for vet/ dentist appointments also available and can be tailored into package for extra

*temporary grass menage for summer use to come shortly

(will put how much they are charging per month after )

Hello again been to view livery . Not what i was expecting at all ! The lady was lovely no hooty tooty attitude. The lady was completely honest that she has never done a livery before so had no recommendations, however we popped into the professional yard down the lane to see what they say , they all very fond of her and her horses . She used to rescue elderly horses and is now down to her last rescue which is 22 years and has cushings and liver failure not long left , hence her wanting to do liverys (and will be getting insured) as she needs company for her two year old filly which she has owned from a foal and i have got to say worships the ground she walks on with spot on manners and has a very calming aura around her (got to be a good sign). The field is very clean and organised and the atmosphere is very laid back and peaceful. The yard and tack room were nice. They bale the hay themselves and it is lovely (was expecting usual yard hay aka dusty). No matter how bad the winter is or if we go on holiday there are no hidden extras and the price is set .... Happy to say i have put down a £50 deposit and i am very happy :D

Kikke

Visit site
we pay £256 a month for this. this does include hard feedand use off all facilities including use of 5 diffenent schools.

Scarlett

Visit site
Sounds fab. For reference I'm at a similar type livery, fully managed 24/7 turn out in a herd, but with a floodlit school and stables, and it's the best thing we've ever done for our horses, and ourselves.

ponio91

New User
Visit site
Sounds a good price.
If you got a good feel for the yard and the owner, then.sounds perfect.

I hope you enjoy and your new horse.

Thank you , he is a beautiful 13.2hh good doing native only needs 1 rug for diabolical weather etc, only a happy hack.fingers crossed everything goes to plan, the girl who owns him is struggling to let go bless her.

misskk88

Visit site
For £150 a month, plus hay and feed I would be snapping their hands off!!!

Around my area, DIY is hard to find (yards start at about £35 where they do have it), Assisted is around £70pw or more depending on yard, and you will not find full livery for less than £90pw.