Assume no one else has been able to hunt today?

L&M

Visit site
As above really! We were meeting on foot but can't see the hounds being allowed to run on this frozen ground either, but as I can't get my car down the ice hill we now appear to be living on, irrelevant anyhow.
Haven't been out since the 2nd dec due to hounds having a virus, then frozen or snowed off since before Xmas and can't see us back out for at least another 10 days....
Bored, bored, bored......

Shay

Visit site
Surrey Union are on today - and have been most of december. I think we only skipped one day. Probably depends where you are.

SueEllen

Visit site
Not been out myself in ages first because of the wet weather and flooding then now because of the frozen ground! I know they have been out just a few times with horses since the flooding. Must be one of the worst years in ages. Everytime I aim for a day it gets cancelled...............quite fustrating but I suppose there are others in the same boat.

L&M

Visit site
Ho hum - maybe I should use the time constructively .... could clean tack, could clean out kitchen cupboards etc etc....
Or could sit on my arse in front of fire - which to choose?!

PS Salimali - where is your country? We are with the Tanatside, on the welsh/shrops borders, and have noticed you are also 'welsh hills'.

MrWoof

Visit site
..... we are with the Tanatside .....

Yes, I have had an email from my friends Sue and Graham.
Sue is going a little crazy without her hunting fix!!
However, I am sure they have more than enough to do on the yard to keep them reasonably occupied in the interim.
C'est la vie - the weather HAS to break soon (doesn't it?).

L&M

Visit site
Who are you 'Mr Woof'!!! I have hunted for the last 4 seasons with the Tanatside, although predominately on a Tues until this season, when I have been able to join you for more Sat meets.
Mounted on either a hogged bay cob or a flashy dun cob.
Please reveal your identity or pm me...
Yours in curiosity!
ps Good friends with S and G too so surely we must have met? Her recent emails have certainly been amusing - she alluded to 'hanging herself' this morning if she couldn't hunt today....

Chunkie

Visit site
The Atherstone met in the market place, but the ground is too hard to hunt so they just hacked back to the kennels.

It's a shame really, as it was an absolutely beautiful morning!

MrWoof

Visit site
I hunt with The R&WH but S&G usually come down once a season to "Henry's Meet" at Monkland.
Nick, Claire and various others have also joined us there.
Perhaps you could come too this time?
I have known S&G for some years and they are great friends.
Sue's last email to me was that she "was going to slit her throat" if she could not hunt imminently.
If you speak to Sue, she will tell you who I am as my "non de plume" is so obvious to people who know me.

L&M

Visit site
Mr Woof - I will speak to Sue re your identity and thank you for the kind invitation, that is assuming she is not either hanging suspended from a beam or lying in a pool of blood....!

spacefaer

Visit site
We went today - 12 o'clock meet to allow everybody to recover (slightly!) from the Ball last night

fab sunny day - rock hard in shady gateways etc but good going on fields with long grass

Bit of running and jumping and general fun going on

haven't been ouit much since before Christmas and might not get out again on Monday so make the most of it!!

icemaiden113

Visit site
We hunted today! Only on foot as the snow is too thick to ride - difficult getting cars out! Had a fantastic meet (in the snow) and a good day - not been in long so need to get near the fire to defrost! Then go out and finish the horses for bed!

Daffers

Visit site
Tiverton stag hounds went out on horses today, bit icey in places but gorgeous weather...set me up for the year ahead!! :grin:

Farmgirl99

Visit site
VAGSB had a cracking day today, one good long hunt with plenty of jumping and galloping. Sent was good. The only problem was Penny Little and her chums (anti's) getting in the way and spoiling the fun!

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
Yep good day wit the Vale, didn't stay out all day as pony bit tired after also huntin all day wit them on weds!! But good day 2day and all tho penny around was also alot off support around as well, roll on more huntin tho as has been lacking recently becos off snow etc!! Ground was good in most places, some ice but allot of puddles and deep going really!! :grin:

Gamebird

Visit site
We met (North Yorks) in a blizzard having gone to bed last night with high hopes of hunting. We hunted for an hour then had to abandon due to increasingly slippery conditions.

isabella

Visit site
The Atherstone met in the market place, but the ground is too hard to hunt so they just hacked back to the kennels.

It's a shame really, as it was an absolutely beautiful morning!

me and my friend were coming to meet at the market place but got a bit delayed so we were all dressed up with no where to go lol my mum was waiting there to see us off we just didnt make it there haha

star

Visit site
went out with SC&RMA draghunt for a fab 5 lines - ground if anything was deep rather than too hard. hounds managed to put up a deer at one point so had fun distracting them from that, lots of mud, loads of jumping - great day! horses all a bit wild though as not been out for 3wks!

JenHunt

Visit site
We met (North Yorks) in a blizzard having gone to bed last night with high hopes of hunting. We hunted for an hour then had to abandon due to increasingly slippery conditions.

where in NYorks are you? Bilsdale went on foot today but as I was playing at a wedding with the band we didn't go... horse is very cross.

PennyJ

Visit site
New Forest Hounds got in a full day. I was hanging about waiting for my daughter to come back, I thought she'd only be out for a couple of hours, so not worth going home... How wrong I was.

welshhunter64

Visit site
I went out with the Banwen Miners on NYD, about 78 of us which is like a return to days past. The ground was hard and slippery in most places although grip in the bracken was good. Had a good day from a social point of view where new faces were made to feel welcome even if we were unable to show them a good time over some of the tree trunk and ditch jumps we normally use.

The Sennybridge couldn't get out at all due to the dangerous conditions which prevail on such high ground, ah well, happy new year to you all.

sarahrees

www.myspace.com
I was one new faces at Banwen new years day and really enjoyed so thank you all who made me feel so welcome.
The amount of horses was amazing, I didnt realsise my friend has accutaly made it out untill half way through :)

Me and murph took our tme and had an amazing time and met some great friends :)

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
C'est la vie - the weather HAS to break soon (doesn't it?).

I'm hearing not to expect a proper thaw until the start of February!!

The neds got out on New Year Day, after we met at 12. We tried again on the 2nd Jan, but it was snowing as we met:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/combat_claire/fitzsnow2.jpg

and ten minutes later it looked like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/combat_claire/fitzsnow1.jpg

We did one covert and then packed up due to dangerous conditions, even my bike wheels were starting to skid on the ground.