Astra Zeneca jab

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
Had first vax at 3.20pm today - waiting for side effects ? Doc said would be approx 6 hours - anyone not have any? Heard so many horror stories ?

Kizzy2004

Visit site
I was groggy for a few days after. Take paracetamol or ibuprofen if you can, that helped me a lot. I know a fair few people who’ve had the AZ jab and would say it a mix of who did or didn’t have side effects. My daughter had her jab the same time as me and she was fine.

I have my 2nd jab tomorrow ?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I felt awful after it for 48 hours but now fine.

I think it just entirely depends on the individual. You might be fine :)

Do you have help on standby for horse just in case?

Zuzan

Visit site
I didn't have any reaction, no temp, headache, ache, nausea etc .. I just felt completly wipped out .. the only other time I have felt so tired was after the one time I had flu .. I slept for 24 hours.. pretty much without break..

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
I felt awful after it for 48 hours but now fine.

I think it just entirely depends on the individual. You might be fine :)

Do you have help on standby for horse just in case?

Hi - sorry you felt ill & thank you yes she's on livery luckily & I have my son home for the dogs ?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Had first vax at 3.20pm today - waiting for side effects ? Doc said would be approx 6 hours - anyone not have any? Heard so many horror stories ?

The only side-effect that I had from AZ 1st dose was tiredness but I was taking high dose painkillers anyway. I had the 2nd dose last Friday, took some paracetamol when I got home and some more about 6 hours later, was a bit more tired than normal on Saturday and have been fine since.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
OH had his first AZ jab on Saturday and he was quite flu-y and a bit achy over the weekend. His fitness watch kept recommending relaxation time because of his higher than normal heart rate - not dangerously and a noted side effect. Symptoms much better with paracetamol. He's very healthy (lots and lots of regular exercise) and has a strong immune system.

I'm going for mine on Monday and expect to get AZ with non-AZ being prioritised to under 40s. My immune system is rubbish so I'm not expecting side effects but I have paracetamol in the cupboard just in case.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Think it took 7 hours after the jab before I felt unwell. Was aching, very tired and frozen to the bone. Felt better after 48 hours but took a few days to get back to normal. I never take drugs or have the flu vaccine, so maybe my body was a bit shocked by the assault.
My second jab is due next week and hopefully the side effects won't repeat themselves. I'm just grateful that we're able to get vaccinated and glad to do my bit for everyone whose life and livelihood has been impacted by the virus.

Carrottom

Visit site
I had mine late morning and was fine all day. I got feverish in the night and wished I had some paracetamol to hand. By the morning I felt better but tired through lack or sleep.

Visit site
I got a pretty bad headache within the hour of getting AZ vax1. Aches and pains started that evening (about 8 hours later), got no sleep and felt miserable but no temperature. The next day I was sweating/chills/pains just like with a heavy cold/flu but at 8pm that night it completely disappeared and no issues since.
I took paracetamol/ibuprofen and plenty of water.
i work in healthcare and all I can say is there is no pattern from what I can see for how people react. Out of my group of coworkers that got it al on the same day myself and one other had the same reaction, none of the others would have known they got vaccinated.
Fingers crossed for no reaction to vax 2

Melody Grey

Visit site
I had the first dose of AZ and was seriously swept off my feet for a couple of days (off work which is most unlike me!) and not quite right for a week after. I have the second dose on Friday so not sure what to expect from it- have heard mixed reports. I’m hoping I might get something else though this time given that I’m under 40 (although not by much!!).

Chappie

Visit site
I got my first vacc today at 230 and apart from a slightly numb arm was fine sat working at my computer from about 330 till 8pm - then started to feel like I wanted to lie down under a warm blanket - like I was coming down with something - weary (more weary than normal!) I had to go do evening stables so took a couple paracetemol and although I started off dragging myself about -(luckily not much to do for the two - only skip out, feed, hay, top waters, tidy up a few bits round the yard and check everyone and lock up, only thing I gave a miss was feet) I'm glad to say I didn't feel any worse, in fact the moving around and fresh air may of helped me feel a bit better. And seeing the horses, of course!

I hope I get a solid sleep but my neighbour is still playing music ? I'm kinda expecting at the least to feel a bit off the next couple of days but really hope its over by the weekend, mainly as I'll never get any rest in this flat, would be better off bedding down in an empty stable on the yard!

twobearsarthur

Visit site
I’ve had over 400 members of staff vaccinated (including myself). Less than 15 had side effects that made them too ill to work and less than 30 had very mild side effects (headache/tiredness etc). It’s like with anything you’re more likely to hear the horror stories rather than the boring nothing happened tales.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I was ok until about 10 hrs afterwards, then started to feel tired. Had a feverish night with one (just one) aching leg. Felt tired and a bit hungover the next day, then just a bit tired for another.
I've got the second one tomorrow, I'm hoping to get away with no side effects this time.

Chappie

Visit site
I've had 3 hours sleep and feel unwell with chills then hot and muscle pain all over and sore head, but it just has to be got through - thinking of all the people who never got chance to get a vacc - I'll probably still pop to the yard, as its a short walk away, to take rain sheets off as it seems fair today and muck out and likely manage to do an important piece of work that has to be done for my job today - hopefully it will pass over soon!

Defo recommend paracetemol, juice, and if possible organising to have an easy day after your appointment.

little_critter

Visit site
I have mine tomorrow afternoon. To be honest I’m completely bricking it ??‍♀ So many people I know have felt pretty awful after it. I’m so pathetic at being ill.
The strange thing was, despite having dramatic shivers for a couple of hours then being hot all night, I actually felt ok in myself, I didn’t feel ill, I just had some symptoms. I felt a bit woozy for the next couple of days (felt similar to the days after having a general anaesthetic...a bit spaced out)

Lamehorses

Visit site
First jab was OK for about 8 hours, then the shivering started, which lasted all night, paracetamol didn't seem to help. Didn't sleep all night & was wiped out for 2 days. Also had a stabbing pain headache for about 4 days.
2nd jab slightly sore arm & no symptoms ?