asymmetrical pelvis and experiences etc

tikino

Visit site
Hi guys hope u are all well. Quick question have any of you had any experience with horses with asymmetrical pelvis. Had problems trying to back my 4 yr old and she started rearing which is totally out of character from her and she has what looks like a asymmetrical pelvis with muscle atrophying the left side. She is going to the weeper centre vet hospital for scans etc but wondering of anyone had an experience of this

pines of rome

Visit site
I had an ex racer with this and it did not really effect what we did, except a go at dressage where he was marked as unlevel!
He also used to wear his hind shoe out on his bad side quickly.

budley95

Visit site
Bud failed his vetting for it 8 years ago, still have him and it doesn't seem to affect him. He's still in work, just takes a lot of effort to get him actually working from behind and he's now starting to get arthritis (sp?) in his right stifle which is fin with glucosamine and work? He is 14 in May though.

pinklilly

Visit site
A few, we had an ex racehorse for 2 years, the backman told us what had caused it but can't remember now, except it would have been painful at the time, it didn't bother the horse, he was one of the soundest tbs I have known, we lost him in an accident.

Looked after a hunter / former p2per who had previously fractured his pelvis, was a bit strange to ride as felt lopsided, like one stirrups were odd. He is retired now.

A 4yo, bought for NH/p2p, not considered worth training after breaking so was sold as an eventer, was quite evident from behind and I really don't think it should have passed a 5 stage vetting, as it also had a wind problem. Felt very weak to ride. No idea of the cause.

Mine is, quite noticeable when I have been long reining him due to unsoundness, ( foot and hock )hopefully it'll even up again, all saying he stays sound this time!

Sorry not very helpful, probably depends on the cause of the problem. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

tikino

Visit site
thanks guys her appointment for her scan etc has finally arrived so she heads to the weiper centre tomorrow morning and gets her scan on friday so will keep u posted on the outcome

Scarlett

Visit site
One of mine had this diagosed by the physio a few years ago, he had hock and suspensory issues in one hind leg resulting in reduced movement, thus less muscle. He's had the hock injected, time off for the suspensory and acupuncture to get him moving properly and it's now looking better and he is moving straighter.