At Last - A water carrier for Horse trailers

Serena15

Visit site
My friend has just bought one of these and fitted it to her Ifor Williams and its a brill idea.
She saw it advertised at www.watercarry.co.uk
Has anyone else got one yet and has fitted to a Wessex Clubman?
Let me know as I want to get one for my trailer.

Luci07

Visit site
I liek the idea - however will be saving up to buy something similiar which also acts as a hosepipe so I can wash down as well. I just secure my water carrier atm with the bungees you use to hold luggage down.

Ladylina83

Visit site
That is fantastic !!

My Father in law is a metal fabrication engineer and has just machined me 2 of the brackets that hold open the back doors as some one kindly pinched mine - next on his list is one of these :)

Luci07

Visit site
on that basis... if someone could come up with a basic pump which you could insert into a standard water carrier so us mere mortals wot ave only trailers (!) could use... now THAT would be a winner. Seeing as the option I would like seems to be around the £150 mark! But then I have had years of gray horses and know the key to keeping them clean is a swift response. However as its not essential and a good old sponge and bucket will do, it will keep going down my list..(oh and a spare thermos of hot water in the winter to warm up the water!)

horsesforcourses

Visit site
Okay....i have a submersible pump which fits into the water carrier and is powered by the trailer jack plug. So i can spray wash the horses after xc etc.
The pump is a Whale High Flow Pump 12 V dc. I found mine on ebay quite cheaply and bought a garden hose pipe spray gun, along with length of hose.
Thought up the idea after seeing the waterboys in use.

Serena15

Visit site
Took the plunge !! Pardon the pun and now have one fitted to each side of my Wessex Clubman. They are a lot sturdier than what I thought they would be. Now have lots of room in my Discovery for more horsey bits and my poor dog will no longer get crushed every time my old water container used to fall over. Will let you all know how it works out.

Ali2

Visit site
Nice idea. I'd prefer it if they sold the outside bracket without the container though and if hey did a container option with a tap so one didn't have to remove the full container from the bracket to use the water.

9tails

Visit site
on that basis... if someone could come up with a basic pump which you could insert into a standard water carrier so us mere mortals wot ave only trailers (!) could use... now THAT would be a winner. Seeing as the option I would like seems to be around the £150 mark! But then I have had years of gray horses and know the key to keeping them clean is a swift response. However as its not essential and a good old sponge and bucket will do, it will keep going down my list..(oh and a spare thermos of hot water in the winter to warm up the water!)

Remember those pump-up weed killer containers that your dad used to have? I reckon that would work for an impromptu shower.

http://www.gardeners-world.net/product/Solo-Pump-Action-Sprayer-5706?ref=froogle

flyingfeet

Visit site
A lot of trailers around here have the aqua caddy on the side - which is similar

personally I'm tight so just have lots of bungees holding mine in the front of the trailer!

jaquelin

Visit site
I got one of these when I ordered my Wessex from the factory about 5 yrs ago. It is slightly different in that it is fitted just behind the jockey door, but handily has a rotating mechanism so that you can pour water out without removing it from the bracket. Very useful!

Sauerkraut

Visit site
I've seen a few trailers with them at our fun ride on Sunday. Not sure if I have just noticed them because I have read this thread earlier :D.

Fantastic idea and YO who drove us to the ride took some measurements straight away and said he'll build it himself. ;)

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I'm a bungee user too and have used a caravan wheelie bottle for a while...

Love the pump idea!!!!!

beenriding

Visit site
I think this is a great idea. A friend of mine had an accident in her 4 x 4 while towing and ended up in a ditch. Her and her friend were injured not by the damage to the outside of her 4 x 4 but by being hit by two plastic jerry cans of water in the back which were secured with bungees which snapped when the 4 x 4 rolled on its side. I think water weighs a kilo a litre so just imagine being hit by 50 kilos at even 30mph!! Anything that helps keep you safe I'm in favour of.:)

beenriding

Visit site
Bought one from place online Horse Trailer Shop about a month ago now, easy to fit and looks good. Better quality than thought and personaly think it's good value for money.
I bought the cradle for the side and the bar for the inside so this gives me 40 litres of water and more room in my boot.
If anyone wants any info am happy to pass on any.:)

Serena15

Visit site
Said I would keep you all updated, in September when I bought mine.
Had it six months now and so far so good and am really pleased with it.
Still looks as good as the day it was fitted and would recommend them to anyone thinking of buying one.

Ollie's Mum

Visit site
Not a new idea - I've had a Rice Beaufort Trailer for about 7 years now and that has one fitted on the side - you tip it to pour. :D

hairycob

Visit site
I got an aqaucaddy years ago - same sort of thing & it came with a manual pump included. Got it from the same place I got my trailer. They are £80 +VAT