At the end of a loan, what would you do?

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
If the horse was happy and had been part of a wee established herd for the past year/loan term?
You are keen to have the horse back, to take care of the horse and be involved in horsey life again.
Horse is loved by loan family and he likes them.

Would you take the horse back, or would you leave it there?
Would you consider, if possible, moving to be closer to the horse so that you can change to a sort of share agreement?

Jellicle

Visit site
If it was my horse I would take him back if I wanted him. I wouldn't consider moving house, that seems excessive to me. Was he unhappy in his previous home?

Ziggy_

Visit site
I'd take the horse back if I wanted it. Seems a shame for the loan family, but its your horse after all.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Is he the right horse for you for what you want ot do now? Is he the love of your life and the only one you want to ride/are happy to ride? Can you afford to buy another horse without selling the one on loan?

So many questions, sorry, just playing devil's advocate.

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
Mrs Mozart - yup he is defo the horse for me despite sometimes driving me insane
smile.gif
. I got him 8 years after we started trying to find the perfect horse for me and he was born around the time we started looking so we think he is the one for me. We will be looking to get another horse for OH to ride as he is too tall for this one( and I want to start jumping again next year and current horse cant go up to the level I can), and well, not going to do swapsies hacks.

The reason I am asking is that horse is definitely happier when kept in a close herd, he is easy going wherever he is but he really prefers being with a group that doesn't change regularly. I am also not sure he likes a yard environment. He likes people, and attention but doesn't seem overly happy being with horses he cant get near...........i.e in a stable etc.
He will be coming up to 14 when I get him back, and for the past 3 years he has moved yards a fair bit. the longest he has been anywhere is 9 months.

As for the moving, it is an option, as it is only 20 miles away and to an area where we have considered and really like.

I was just wondering really as I an a total sap and would hate to take him from where he appears to be really happy.