Atherstone team chase report. first ever TC, with drama!!

slumdog

Visit site
I will happily take being compared to Andrew Nicolson hahaha! time to make some HHO chasing teams i think ;) Such a shame you couldn't come Sam, have to thank you as I wouldn't have messaged Kim if you hadn't have said ! He's come a long way bless him :) go to the hunter trials at ibstock ! I'm taking my new 5 year old :) I must meet Fred and you must meet Ronan :D

aha, finally uploaded on youtube !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT6oCNIaALw

Just looked and it looks good, never done a hunter trial before, is it like team chasing but by yourself? What do we wear?

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Wow what a recovery! I was there however fell off 20 I think a big drop hedge!

That was a big drop, that was the fence right before where I became unstuck :) hope you are not too bruised!

Just looked and it looks good, never done a hunter trial before, is it like team chasing but by yourself? What do we wear?

I did it last year, did the bigger novice class and it was good fun, nice inviting fences but taking youngster round the smaller class to introduce him. Yeah pretty much, although there's a gate to open and shut and there is only one hedge . There's a drop, rolltop, tiger trap and stream to jump, tyres etc so more like the xc for eventing. You can go in pairs :) i'm going with a girl from burbage riding club as she wanted to have a go. just wear long sleeves and body protector and whatever else really

ironhorse

Visit site
Fantastic pics Hoof Prints and well done, looks like a great round! Sarah Myhill, who is national champion, says that if it s not a bit hairy, you're not trying hard enough :D
Have you liked the British Team Chasing page on Facebook? If so post those pics on there and I'll share them on the main news feed - you need to set the privacy on those pics to 'public' just for that.
Ref the Pytchley novice - there are two or three good hedges including a drop halfway round the course, but you will be flying by then, and they jump really well. It is very similar to the Atherstone, so do consider giving it a go!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Fantastic pics Hoof Prints and well done, looks like a great round! Sarah Myhill, who is national champion, says that if it s not a bit hairy, you're not trying hard enough :D
Have you liked the British Team Chasing page on Facebook? If so post those pics on there and I'll share them on the main news feed - you need to set the privacy on those pics to 'public' just for that.
Ref the Pytchley novice - there are two or three good hedges including a drop halfway round the course, but you will be flying by then, and they jump really well. It is very similar to the Atherstone, so do consider giving it a go!

Thank you :) absolutely loved it, and so did my horse it seems! As far as I know, we are going ahead with Pytchley so fingers crossed! just liked the page so will post the pictures up now, my dad loves his cameras so there will be plenty of photos if we go to more team chases . Watching the headcams for Pytchley and it looks very inviting, we are going for the Fernie too in the spring so its all very exciting :D

ETA just posted a few up, some might be a bit rubbish so just stick up the ones you think are good! :)

Last edited:

9tails

Visit site
Wow fabulous photos! I find it amazing that your dad was still taking photos though, mine would have dropped the camera and bounded over to push me back on!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Wow fabulous photos! I find it amazing that your dad was still taking photos though, mine would have dropped the camera and bounded over to push me back on!

I don't think he quite realised what was going on through the lens of his camera :p although he did stop taking photos hence why there's none of me getting back on!

LeannePip

Visit site
How on earth you recovered from no hands and one foot barely the right side of the saddle i will never know! well done you!

i'd love to have a go at team chasing, but don't know anyone mad enough to do it with me! anyone south central want to have a go!?

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
How on earth you recovered from no hands and one foot barely the right side of the saddle i will never know! well done you!

i'd love to have a go at team chasing, but don't know anyone mad enough to do it with me! anyone south central want to have a go!?

Think we may need to start a thread for people who want to team chase and form a few teams :D
My dad seems to like team chasing, took him to a dressage once and it was far too boring to take photos of ;)

ironhorse

Visit site
If you look at British Team Chasing's facebook page, there are always lots of posts from people looking for team members, wanting to join teams or start teams. There's also lots of info about events and links to the main website.