Atherstone team chase this weekend! Whoop!

ironhorse

Visit site
Who's going? It's the first open of the season so time to see the 'big guns' in action, but everyone seems to have been going great in the first two events at the Warwickshire and the Belvoir, so the novice and inter should be fab too!

The Atherstone is at a really central venue, near Coventry (directions on www.teamchasing.co.uk) so if you've always wanted to see what it is like, come and have a look! Great viewing, good catering and shops, a great day out!

There's plenty more events left this season, from Derbyshire to Essex, so why not make this the year you try team chasing :D

BarmyC

Visit site
So gutted I cant come this week. :(

My horse had her first run of the season at the Belvoir last weekend and lets say it didnt go that well to plan!!

Had a complete steering failure in the novice. She did a few intermediates in the Spring and it felt like she was eyeing up the inter fences as opposed to the novice ones she was supposed to be doing.

Hopefully we will have a team to enter in the Meynell next Saturday.

I love team chasing there is nothing now that holds my interest as much as it. (coming from an ex show jumper lol)

Benjamin Brown

Visit site
I would like to kindly ask all riders to stay on their friggin neddies this year and stop frightening us fence judges by crashing into each other, falling off and letting their trusty steeds come flying towards me innocently standing outside of my car. :D Stayed inside the car last year !!!! ;)

Princess Jess

Visit site
Can't make it this weekend :( And off to university the weekend after (far away up North!) so no team chasing for me... :(
Hope you all have fun and post some nice pics for us all to be jealous of after! :p

becca1305

Visit site
we're doing the Intermediate at Atherstone and then the Intermediate at Meynell wknd after so may see some of you there! Noticed a lot of big names at the Belvoir, we had a good round there at Novice but not quick enough coming about mid way down the running (lead rider may of ahem slightly forgot exactly where we were going at times :eek:). We're going for a proper good walk round the course day before this time :D. We had a lovely round the other weekend which was our first team chase so we will be the ones looking like we don't really know what we are doing but hopefully looking like we're enjoying ourselves none the less! :D

ironhorse

Visit site
Never forgotten, Old Bat, one of the highlights of my riding career! Still have the rosette and piccy!
Sol - I reckon it might be £5-10 per car to get in. Worth every penny tho!
Meynell is unusually on a Sat, cos the chairman is also clerk of the course at Uttoxeter and they are racing on Sunday!

equinelover

Visit site
How did people get on? :) I went for a watch, given my boy a weekend off after very busy weekend last week! Enjoyed it, bar the freezing cold weather & the rain that came as the open started! Was fab seeing Frosty though, she looks so well & made the open course look tiny! What did people think of the courses? So many went wrong or nearly went wrong in the novice, jumping last years course! Thought the intermediate&open looked nice - open had some really beefy hedges but quite wanted to take mine round the intermediate & he's only done couple of novices!