Attaching a headcollar nameplate

Minnies_Mum

Visit site
I might be being a numpty here, but....

I bought an engraved headcollar nameplate from Richardson designs at Badminton and have only just got round to trying to put it on the headcollar.

It's got rivets, so a bit that looks like a blunt drawing pin and a back bit for it to fit into.
The holes I've made are quite snug for the rivet, I've placed everything in and given it a tap with a hammer.....

....... and the rivets have not held together at all, the plate just falls off.

Am I missing a trick here or have I been given faulty rivets? Can I get something else to put the plate on with, as I've punched the holes in my lovely headcollar now.

Minnies_Mum

Visit site
So do I have to keep hammering until it pops through the metal bit at the back (both bits look like drawing pins from the top, if that makes sense, there's no hole). Then chop the spike off I suppose?

WelshD

Visit site
The same happened to me - in my case the headcollar was too thick and there wasn't enough overlap in the two rivets to hold effectively when I hammered them together

Minnies_Mum

Visit site
I'm not sure this is the problem, as I can see on indent of the pin in the back bit, where I'm in danger of hammering it through if I kept going. I've emailed the makers but no reply yet, couldn't get through on the phone.

iCandy

Visit site
I had the same problem. Took it to Timpsons in the end and a lovely chap sorted it for me, free of charge :D

ebonyallen

Visit site
You have to make it go through and then push back the ends so that they are flush to the head collar, I will see if I can ask what tool it was I used cant think of the name of it, but it was not a hammer lol x