Attaching a martingale to a girth!!!!

FabulousFlynn'sMum

Visit site
Hi folks, think I might be being thick asking this but here goes! I am thinking of ordering Harriet a new leather girth which has a metal ring in the middle for you to attach your martingale to rather than slot the girth thru it as normal. Anyway any ideas how I would attach some sort of trigger clip to the martingale girth loop so I can just clip it directly onto the metal clip on the girth?! Thanks folks, luv Jayne xx

Cliqmo

Visit site
Ooh good question! I have no idea but look forward to reading other peoples reactions
tongue.gif

china

Visit site
its usually for attaching draw reins and the like to, some stud girths have a leather strap that comes undone for a martingale to be attached to.

FabulousFlynn'sMum

Visit site
Ah right, thanks miss b for that. Come to think of it I have seen ones with the leather strap as you described. Oh well, I might have to just thread my martingale thru as usual then!

Thanks for your replies. Luv Jayne xx

IWTO

Visit site
I bought one of those camping type clips from homebase and attached it to my martingale and then hence to my girth.
Never had an issue with it, still works perfectly well.

FabulousFlynn'sMum

Visit site
Hi Bibtty, sorry i'm not sure what type of clip you mean, can you post a piccy somehow, i'll toddle off to the homebase website in the meantime and investigate! Thanks luv Jayne xx

D

Donkeymad

A saddler should be able to supply and fit a clip fairly cheaply and quickly for you.