Aubiose or Easibed or Megazorb??

miss_p

Visit site
I currently use Bedmax shavings for my pony but he's very wet!! I'm using 2-3bags a week and its becoming very expensive!! I would use straw but he loves to eat it and he makes it very messy. Anyone used any other type of good absobant bedding thats time and cost effective??

oofadoofa

www.mearecourtequestrian.co.uk
Have used aubioze and easibed and would say that aubioze is the better and most absorbant of the two. It works really well as long as you have a horse that doesn't dig, as you need to leave the base layer down and just skip out the top daily and take the wet out once or twice a week.

BigRed

Visit site
Aubiose is really lovely stuff, but is very expensive. A cheaper alternative that works just as well, is Hemcore which is the English version.

lochpearl

Visit site
I have a very, very, very wet horse and he's only 4 so can be quite messy. At the moment I used Hemcore and Megazorb together, it is a fantastic combination. I also have used Elephant Grass bedding too to bulk out the bed in the dry areas as it is only £4 a bale.

Just to mention too that my boy is on total box rest, he only leaves his stable for a max of 20 mins a day for some in hand grazing.

GoJo

Visit site
aubiose is crap as they eat it
easibed is great and easy to use but expensive - worth it though as its absorbent, easy to muck out and doesnt smell
bedmax makes the stable smell horrible in the morning
never used megazorb

curio

Visit site
i use megazorb and shavings mixed but i also semi deep litter and my big lad with shavings on its own drags his bed about but with the two it stays put and takes about 10 mins a box to do daily, and the wet out when it comes to the top

Hippona

Visit site
I use Allbed- which is the Irish version of Easibed.....feed merchants in the north of england can get it....its cheaper and smells lovely and the bed stays put, even though my lad has a tendency to box-walk on occasion.

I poo-pick daily and get the wet up on a weekend and usually use just one bale a week, although occasionally I may an extra one down to bulk it out.

I went onto it when the prices of shavings went mental, but I wouldnt change back.