Auctions not too far from Bristol

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Morning all

Can anyone tell me of any horse auctions not too far from Bristol and when they are, say up to an hour or so away.

I would not mind popping along to a couple potentially as I have previously purchased two absolute gems at auction so they are worth a look imo

brown tack

Visit site
Well you have got Leominster about an hour 20 away from you, but some good horses go though and is regular, the 3rd fri of every month. And hay on wye, sales too, more hill Billy but again some good ones though just got to see past the bad tack, mud and being a little on the thin side. That again is monthly.

superted1989

Visit site
Well you have got Leominster about an hour 20 away from you, but some good horses go though and is regular, the 3rd fri of every month. And hay on wye, sales too, more hill Billy but again some good ones though just got to see past the bad tack, mud and being a little on the thin side. That again is monthly.

Second for Hay on Wye but, if you don't mind a bit more of a step out, Henley can have some superb cobs. I've never bought there, but have accompanied a dealer friend and she's had some right crackers at very good money. You'll need your blinkers on though, it's definitely not pet ponies being sold
http://www.henley-in-arden.org/market.html

Saying that, just realised it's about 5 years since we last went and they may have shut it down!

MissChaos

Visit site
Sadly you won't get much joy at Henley unless you'd rather a new house bc Taylor Wimpey bought out the site and have new walls going up as we speak. Shame, MM - you could have come by and said hi!

shadowboy

Visit site
Leominster isnt too bad, depends on the day. Heading to the next one- if you want to tag along (leaving from J7 M5) just to have a nosey/buy or whatever.