Auroras Encore Retires

Brochdoll

Visit site
Best work's sweepie I ever had! Always put a wee ew on whoever I have. Fingers crossed his recovery is fast and problem free so he can have a long happy retirement :)

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
Yes I watched that race last Saturday although there was no mention of that. I believe he was pulled up rather than fell? I didn't see him after that :(

I too hope his leg heals well and he has a happy retirement.

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
Oh right - thinking back I think he was 5th in the race. Not a good week for them as they lost Cover Holder to a fatal injury today (on the flat part of the race too). So sad.

Clodagh

Visit site
Hedgwiwtch - did Cover Holder's leg go on its own or was he trodden on? not that it really matters, awful for all concerned.

I think they should all retire when they have won the National, at least used to think that with the the proper old style one. What more do they owe anyone? (Don't tell that to Red Rum!). Auroras Encore was a lovely horse and I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Caledonia

Visit site
Hedgwiwtch - did Cover Holder's leg go on its own or was he trodden on? not that it really matters, awful for all concerned.

I think they should all retire when they have won the National, at least used to think that with the the proper old style one. What more do they owe anyone? (Don't tell that to Red Rum!). Auroras Encore was a lovely horse and I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Looks like Pete clipped heels - just awful.

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
Catastrophic breakdown apparently :( Nothing about whether he and Green Flag collided but it was odd that Green Flag's back end went down at the same time on that corner.