Clayton Fredericks - Ben Along Time
Lucinda Fredericks - Headley Britannia
Shane Rose - All Luck
Sonja Johnson - Ringwould Jaguar
Megan Jones - Kirby Park Irish Jester

No reserves have been announced yet.

gracemacrae

Visit site
Think Matt Ryan should investigate his family tree and see if he can't ride for another country!
tongue.gif
Strikes me there are lots of politics in Australian selectors at the moment. Andrew Hoy will be gutted too!

kerilli

Visit site
I agree about the politics, what a nightmare for Matt, I think he really deserves a place. Someone on here said that the "2 from Europe, 3 from Oz" rule applied, to show that they think their events are of the same standard as our, or something.
frown.gif
frown.gif

AH's horse had far too many showjumps down at Luhmuhlen to be seriously considered, I think.

Eventer101

Visit site
I don't think Matt's dressage is up to the standard of the ones selected. Of the Australian based riders Megan Jones almost always scores sub 40 in the dressage and at the last major Australian based selection event at Melbourne 3DE she scored 35. The same for Shane Rose and Wayne Roycroft has said in interviews that he thinks Shane has the biggest chance of an individual medal of all the riders.
So i think the thing that has stopped Matt getting onto the team is his Dressage.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised at that as well. I thought he'd been pretty consistent!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, mine was said in sarcasm!! I'm not surprised at all.

Olliedog

Visit site
I think they've picked a good team. Especially happy to see Shane there, he's worked so hard and had some really bad luck. Sonja and Megan are awesome as well.
smile.gif

annie083

Visit site
Shane was here at the test event too. It had to stay for months after though as it couldn't go bk due to the equine flu which had just started at the time. seems a pretty gd team to be honest.
was Hoy not picked due to the spiked boots incident or his sj round recently????

lifeslemons

www.eventingworldwide.com
Well Andrew probs wasnt picked with Moonfleet due to sj, but Master Monarch is a very good horse too (3rd Burghley 07) so maybe this is due to the spiked boots?? Wasnt the verdict meant to be last week?

They selectors do seem to stick to this 2:3 ratio... madness! Feel v sorry for Matt. Hope that him and Paul Tapner are reserves.

lucretia

Visit site
they havent seen master monarch out to good effect and the horse is getting on and has soundness issues with the alternatives available there was no need to take that risk.

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yay, Lucinda is going! I love that little horse :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just what I was going to say. Can't wait to see Brit in action again
laugh.gif