Auto filling troughs / hose pipes & pumps???

Ponies1234

Visit site
Hi everyone
I have automatic filling water trough in my field however fields split up I need to get water down to the other field, there is no connection for a hose pipe I'm not allowed to fit one off mains etc.. I have loads hose pipes any ideas how I can get it from one to other? Can't connect where it comes out either I was thinking some sort of pump pop in trough through hose pipe can that be done what would I need? Or can I pop hose pipe in suck other end?
Tia

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
This might be complicated but could you use a 12v battery connected to a 12v immersible water pump. If you run a hose to the other tank it would fill OK I think. You would have to watch it as it fills and recharge the battery regularly. However it probably won't work if the second tank is higher than the source.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
If it is actually down hill, then it should work to siphon it off with a hose. If not is there a reason why you can't take it off the existing trough. I have done this no problem.

Ponies1234

Visit site
How have you done it off the trough? Where there's the ball cock the end of that which ajoins onto some kind bolt the water comes out of it through a small hole, it's sort of down hill but won't work! To fill up water at the other end the trough needs to be empty otherwise I can't fit the bucket under the fill it up! Annoying I can't figure how to turn water off at mains!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
If you take a pic I will try and help. I meant with a hose to siphon it off. Just stick the hose in the trough and let gravity do the rest. I know this works because I used to fill a trough from the house which was higher up than the house is. The number of times someone undid the hose from the tap with the other end still lying in the trough and the water ended up back down at the house...!

Ponies1234

Visit site
Thank you I will take one tomorrow
Cookuk: there's no hose which goes into the trough it's automatically fills from a small hole near where the ball cock is attached