Automatic horseboxes 3.5t

Blythe Spirit

Visit site
Hello

Does anyone have any recommendations for AUTOMATIC horseboxes? I currently have a 07 plate Renault Master (semi-Automatic) but after being unable to get a seemingly simple fault fixed anywhere (ongoing I may yet succeed) I was thinking that this make was perhaps not the best...? I googled it and indeed lots of people saying that semiautomatics are troublesome

so I started looking for a possible replacement - and I see Iveco and Mercedes seems to have automatic lorrys too and some second hand ones for sale on line BUT more googling seems to suggest that these too are semi auto's and I may just be buying the same problems in a fractionally newer and more expensive box

Does anyone know are there any makes that make fully automatic 3.5t boxes? I am just confused and frustrated

PS dont tell me to just drive manual as I can't and I only have an auto licence

many thanks
Liz

Blythe Spirit

Visit site

Thanks - yes there are some out there - but I don't have any idea which is the better automatic gearbox - my 10yr old Renault Master I've been told they don't supply parts for anymore - so I don't want to get another the same or its only any good until something breaks

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I'm sure Red-1's got an auto box, I expect she'll be along in a bit.

Broomfield horseboxes do automatics, think they are Peugeot.

Hi, yes I do have an auto, funnily enough it is also a Bloomfields. It drives beautifully, but is still quite new so I can't say how reliable it will be long term. It is a Renault.

I did not want an auto TBH, thought they would drive badly, but after hurting my left hip/back all vehicles have to be auto for me now. It actually drives really well. Sadly a second hand one was like hen's teeth.