Autumn hunting in staffordshire?

EmmaB

Visit site
Hey guys does anyone know of any autumn hunting that's going to be on in staffordshire? Four shires are having a hound exercise near me but the rest of their meets are too far away!

So if anyone knows of any other meets happening around here pleeease let me know! Thanks! :)

Countryman

Visit site
Hey guys does anyone know of any autumn hunting that's going to be on in staffordshire? Four shires are having a hound exercise near me but the rest of their meets are too far away!

So if anyone knows of any other meets happening around here pleeease let me know! Thanks! :)

The MFHA website ( http://mfha.org.uk/pack_directory/directory/staffordshire/ ) suggests that there are at least 6 foxhound packs that hunt in Staffordshire, all of which will be starting Autumn Hunting in the next 2 weeks if they haven't already. If you can give a more precise location, people may be able to work out which is your local pack and give you the contact details of the Secretary who can tell you when they will be close by. I would imagine with Autumn Hunting there may be many meets fairly close to you.

Countryman

Visit site
Great thankyou I'll have a look at those! And I'm in Rugeley :)

A quick google suggests that your local hunt is probably the Meynell, who according to a map on their website hunt around Rugeley, and everything to the West and North of it. Apparently they met in Admaston, a couple of miles away, on Boxing Day. I would expect they will either have started Autumn hunting already or will be starting this week.

Kat

Visit site
Sorry was going to suggest the four shires, they are a lovely pack, worth driving a bit further for their meets, especially if you are new to hunting. The Meynall would be quite local to you and are a nice bunch too. Not as overtly welcoming as the four shires but friendly and encouraging.

EmmaB

Visit site
Thanks Kat, found two close to us but on the same day! So going to go with the four shires just because we've been with them before and they were lovely :)

Last edited: