Avacello gel bit guards

esselle

Visit site
Has anyone used these? I like the idea of them being snug to the bit (my mare still manages to rub through the large holes of bog - standard bit guards) but can't seem to find any user reviews.

Just wondered if anyone had used them and if so what you think ie do they take up much bit space...does the extended bit rub the horse even more etc?

Thanks for any replies :)

ballyduff

Visit site
Hi, my super sensitive skinned horse has them! He absolutely loves them and the bit still fits, with no rubbing, so would defo recommend from my experience of them :)

esselle

Visit site
Hi, my super sensitive skinned horse has them! He absolutely loves them and the bit still fits, with no rubbing, so would defo recommend from my experience of them :)

Oh that's great to hear...Thank you :)

I was just a bit worried about them taking up too much bit space. I want something to put on a universal bit.

becca1305

Visit site
I have mine on a universal bit currently and have also got them onto other bits such as an American gag. They are fab :). Soak them in warm water for a couple of mins before you try and put them on, will make it much easier. :).

tinap

Visit site
I've got some too & think they are fab. They were a nightmare to get on a loose ring snaffle though, ended up taking them in the bath with me & doing it under the water ;)

esselle

Visit site
I've got some too & think they are fab. They were a nightmare to get on a loose ring snaffle though, ended up taking them in the bath with me & doing it under the water ;)

All seems positive then! That's great. Love the above btw haha