Average Price for 2 Stage Vetting

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is willing to share how much they have recently paid for a 2 stage vetting? I'm sure the price varies slightly from practice to practice and also where you are situated in the Country. We are situated way down in the South West and I've been quoted nearly £200. Is this a bit steep? !! :confused:

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better! I think I'll ring a couple of others tomorrow and see what's occurring. I need to save all the money I can as I now have to buy a new saddle too !! I'm new to all this forum malarkey, so forgive me if I've done anything wrong or inappropriate !

Shooting Star

Visit site
not sure about 2 stage but I had a 5 stage at the beginning of the year for my boy. Was lucky enough to be able to use my own vet as the horse was fairly local and it was £315 for the 5 stage including travel and blood test but would have been £290 without the bloods.

ps my vet is not known to be cheap and the horse was in Surrey :p

mudmonkey17

Visit site
Was quoted 120 for a 2 stage recently and 200 for the 5. I paid somewhere in the middle as vetting was stopped after 3rd stage

Echo24

Visit site
I paid £150 for a two stage vetting including call out. Originally booked a 5 stage but horse failed the two stage so they didn't charge me full whack (would have been £300+!) That was up in Cambridgeshire. Then had another five stage vetting booked with another vet practice that would have £180 but seller pulled out. I think two stage would have been £90.

Last edited:

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
My vet charges on a time basis; if the horse fails at the first hurdle as it were, they only charge for what they have done so far, not the full 250 quid.

Sarah20

Visit site
I had a 2 stage vetting only 2 months ago, it was £160 for the vetting then the call out was split as they had someone else to visit in the area, overall it was £198 and im in the South East