Avon Vale Hunt - Hunter Trial

rocketdog69

Visit site
Wud just like to say thanks to the AVH for a super HT today at Bromham, well organised and an absolute treat, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Big thanks to Abbotswood farm for providing the venue, cracking good jumps!

Irishcobs

Visit site
OMG, I was there today. I did the novice on my coloured mare and tried to do the open on my bosses horse but he refused fence 5 twice and then bolted with me, is a long story I'll do a post about it tomorrow.
I agree though they do work bl**dy hard getting that event organised.

rocketdog69

Visit site
Great fun wasnt it. I was on my bay show cob Victor! (bulldozer on acid). Flew every fence, went to the buckle end on the drop fences was a fantastic buzz. Thought my boy might have been a bit slow up the hill, I should have known better, he went up like a TB, bless him!

lucy007

Visit site
I was there too, and you are right it was an absolutley cracking day. Havn't done the AVH event there for about 3 yrs and never done the open b4, My kids x3 nearly had heart failure walking course with me, but my 14.2hh flew round, nearly unseated me at the last hedge tho and thats where my kids were watching, he is fitter than I thought! Actually got placed, I was amazed!

Irishcobs

Visit site
I have two horses at home and the other at work, in Bradford on Avon.
Are you doing the ODE at the saddle club in May?

rocketdog69

Visit site
Well done you! Yes it was a good day, I shall certainly go there again! Theres another one there next week apparently, organised by the stables itself, having a rest though before larkhill the following week!

rocketdog69

Visit site
I've always said I would do the ODE but I dont do dressage, in fact I havent got a clue where the letters are round a school (thats bad I know). Money permitting I might give it a go but doing hunter youngstock at Devon County and Bath nd West with my 2 yr old and that ends up being quite expensive so will have to see!

lucy007

Visit site
The event they run themselves is also a nice one. I am taking my cob at the wkend to see if I can get her out of the start box! , my daughter taking a pony too.
I am doing Larkhill too, I like it up there. Good luck, I hope you do well.