Awful Day Yesterday

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear you have lost you old girl - its sounds like she has a wonderful and long life with you.
I lost my old cob a couple of weeks ago at a similar age to your mare. It is so sad when they leave us but all the lovely memories are definitely something to treasure.

Shoei

Visit site
Thank you for all the lovely comments. It has been a hard weekend and much more difficult that I expected. I haven't done much today and feel exhausted but I have just been for a siesta, something I rarely do and woke up feeling a little more alive. I only have tomorrow to get through at work before I break up for Christmas.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I am so sorry. She sounds a very special mare. 32 is a grand age but I don't think that makes it any easier. xx

I've been wanting to sort something for my girls - they each lost a pony a couple of years ago and I've still got tail hair that I want to get made into something special for them. I have been looking at resin jewellery and like what Ponymandium does.. https://ponymandium.com/

maya2008

Visit site
Remember that you were there when she needed you, she didn't have to spend hours afraid on her own, or without your comfort. We lost one this year too. Lost, but never forgotten.

PurBee

Visit site
So sad to hear. Its truly a blessing you were there to be with her, as others have said.
When we’re not able to be there it can hurt more as we wonder if they were in pain, did they feel lonely....all these questions never get answered and can hurt us for years.
You were there and gave the comfort she needed, there’s no questions that need answering.
The two of you in the hail just being together, deeply comforting last moments to be cherished.
In time when the sadness weakens you may come to feel that day as being sacred, rather than awful.
Big hug to you x

Nasicus

Visit site
Sorry to hear that Shoei, I had to have my 15yo mare pts through similar circumstances a couple weeks ago, I was able to get her up, but it was clearly her time.

As for the resin jewellery, it's unlikely they'll be able to do it on the day, as most casting resins take from 8 to 24hrs to cure completely. Plus resin can be fussy with it's environment, so the vendors hall is unlikely to be a consistent temperature and humidity, and there will likely be a lot of dust swirling around the place begging to drop into the piece. It could possibly be possible if they use UV resin, but UV resin doesn't like to be cured in thicknesses beyond a few mm. I've just cast a 1cm thick piece of UV resin as an experiment, and even in doing it in layers it came out wonky.

You could always take a look at Etsy though, plenty of people on there offering all sorts of resin memory pieces. I've ordered a little resin bead from a store called Ponymandium with some of my mares hair.

doodle

Visit site
So sorry.

We think sultan had a stroke. very similar, we found him down in his stable but in the wrong place for having lain down hinself. He was only semi consious, i think he knew we were there. he was 38

meleeka

Visit site
So sorry to read this. Take care of yourself. I think you’ll look back and think that as ends go, it wasn’t a bad one. She didn’t give you a decision to make, didn’t suffer for too long and you were there to comfort her.

Zero00000

Visit site
I am so sorry, how beautiful that she was able to take comfort with you being with her.
Shed a little tear for you and your girl, be gentle and take time to heal ?

Annagain

Visit site
So sorry to read that Shoei. I stayed with a friend's old boy while he went not so long ago. I wasn't even supposed to be there but called in on my way to work as I'd left something there and found the vet who had been called to a horse down but couldn't find anyone on the yard. I guessed it was him and took her to the field where we found them. His owner was too distraught to stay with him but didn't want him to be on his own so I stayed with him. It was a showery day and for the minute or so as he took his last breath and immediately afterwards there was a really bright rainbow in the sky. I'm not a believer in 'signs' but if ever a horse deserved a rainbow, it was him. He was such a lovely old boy.