Awful night update

Louby

Visit site
Sounds really corny I know but you are all so wonderful. Thank you so much for all the good vibes and well wishes, you have really cheered me up x x x x x x x
This morning was hell, they rang me at 10.40am and it was the longest 40 minutes ever as they said they'd ring at 10am but they said he was comfortable and that they were doing more xrays and a scan today. They rang again this afternoon and said his radius and knee are fractured and that he will be there for at least two weeks being cross tied (breaks my heart) but he can recover!!!!! As long as his recovery is uneventful and he remains calm it can mend only time will tell as the xrays will show the fracture more clearly in about 10 days time. They have removed the splint as it may be more of a hinderence and hes heavily bandaged. There is fluid in his carpal sheath but at the moment they dont think its infected as he is so comfortable and he isnt on any pain relief. Its so hard to believe as he was bunny hopping on 3 legs last night. I really think he knew he had to protect it and he definately knew he was going to get help as he hopped straight past his stable to the wagon on his own accord. There was no stopping him! Awww poor poor boy.
Im going to see him in the morning which I know will send me into a blubbering wreck but Ive lots of carrots and will be giving him loads of hugs.
Thanks agian

Weezy

Visit site
Well I will take that all as GOOD news and I wish him a speedy and uneventful recovery
laugh.gif

frannieuk

Visit site
As Weezy, I think that sounds like GOOD news and have my fingers crossed for a good recovery. Can only imagine how horrid last night was for you. x

Louby

Visit site
You know he is the biggest wimp ever, scared of a leaf and so dramatic. Maybe thats done him some good as he was really protecting his leg last night.
I can smile now as my normally ratbag baby boy who pulls evil faces at me and is a real spoilt brat was the lovliest boy ever last night. Head in my arms, ears forward, stood to have his leg clipped (I'll remember that!!!) was poked and prodded and didnt bat an eyelid.

jemima

Visit site
Oh you and your poor poor boy. It does sound like good news though and I can only image the agony you were going through for 40 minutes this morning! I was biting my fingernails here for you!
*fingers crossed*

Tia

Visit site
So so pleased for you and him. Sending him best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'll bet you are relieved now - it must have been awful for you yesterday.
frown.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Im so pleased for you and your boy, ive been thinking about you all day, will keep my fingers crossed for the days to come!!

Give him a hug from me when you see him!!
smile.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
There you are, see! Powerful vibes from the forummers. They are used to blubbering wrecks at Leahurst so don't hold back! He will enjoy the carrots and it will take you ages to deliver all those hugs. Plus one from me. Keep us in the picture, thinking of you tomorrow.

KarenX

Visit site
Phew! I was opening this post praying for good news! Thank goodness.. sounds like he can make a full recovery then, but things will be tough for you both.

Sending best wishes for a fast and uneventful recovery.

I bet you will spoil him tomorrow when you see him.
tongue.gif

Karen
smile.gif

barkinghorse

Visit site
Hi Lou
Have been thinking of you all day and have been popping on here between doing my books to see if there was any news.
So glad things are looking better for him, you must be feeling relieved!
They are so know when you are trying to help them.
keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you both
Jo xx

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
That's brilliant news - I am so pleased for you, all the good vibes everyone sent have obviously started working
grin.gif

I had a horse actually break her leg (split the long pastern almost in two), she was 10yo and broke it in the field hooling - she is still with me now - aged 27 so there is definately hope for your boy.