awkward situation with loaner

Orangehorse

Visit site
A text? Devil's invention. What has happened to picking up the phone or face to face?

Sorry OP, it is your horse, OK, but a good sharer is worth their weight in gold and should be treated as such. Big apology from you needed.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Have to agree to ditch her by text after two years was very bad manners and I not surprised she bit back at you.
After a ghastly winter when presumably she reliably did her share I bet she feels very used.

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
Has the OP disappeared?

FWIW i made this mistake once before with a sharer and will never do it again, i didnt take into consideration how much she had bonded with my horse and i had to move my horse 20 miles away as i moved house so i felt awful but i did the dreaded 'text' thing and learnt from it. She became a total nightmare for a few weeks until we moved. This was the first time i had needed a sharer so it was all new to me.

In hindsight while i couldnt change the fact i had to move, i do believe i should have told her to her face. It may not have changed her reaction and we were not friends but i think i overlooked her attatchment to my horse.
Anyway, since then ive only had two more sharers and i was upfront and honest with them both since the beginning and never had an issue again.

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
As a sharer, I'd be mortified.

I think this sort of treatment would probably put me off ever sharing again. A text message after the winter and summer we've had (and I am in her position, I have shared over all the horrid weather etc!) just isn't acceptable.

I understand its your horse etc but if this was me I'd have taken her for a coffee or something, with a gift from you and horse and explain I wasn't thinking of keeping a sharer on at new yard, but she was welcome to pop up to see horse every now and then if she liked and that I'd keep an ear out for a new share on current or new yard if she wanted!

I feel for her.

K x

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
OP, you're a disgrace to the decent human race. Don't know how anyone can be so cruel to someone they profess is a friend let alone she has been bailing you out by paying for your horse. Your behaviour disgusts me.

1Lucie

Visit site
I loaned many horses before buying my own. I treated them all like mine and loved them v much. If u had done that to me I would of been devastated!!!!! I think a text is v insensitive and could of been handled a lot better. Especially as she has been a good loaner! She can come loan my horse coz they r hard to come by!!!

Spudlet

Visit site
I was a sharer dumped by text. It wasn't a surprise as the owner had been difficult throughout (I won't go into details, but there was some moving of goalposts and unreasonable behaviour, and I had already decided I was being taken for a ride and was going to end the share myself). I still wasn't best pleased to get a text though (fitted in with the owner generally mind you!).

I think your sharer has got you pegged OP... and I wouldn't hold your breath to find another sharer any time soon if you need one. It's a small world, the horse world, and news travels.