Aww poor Rufus

deb_l222

Visit site
Aww poor Rufus has thrown a wobbler this morning and had a vestibular event, totally out of the blue. He’s been sick, he’s proper wobbly, eyes all over the place but I’ve seen a lot worse so he should be OK.

I’m that busy waiting for Button to chuck a daft one, that it never occurred to me something could happen to the boy, despite the fact he’s now 13.

He’s otherwise very fit, not sick or sorry at all so should pull around. At the moment though, he doesn’t know what day it is :(

Any excuse to post a piccie of the gorgeous creature

1580477646875.jpeg

L&M

Visit site
Oh bless him and it should pass over the next few days.

My cocker suffered 2 vestibular attacks in quick sucession, at a similar age, so do you know if it is a spaniel thing?

deb_l222

Visit site
Oh bless him and it should pass over the next few days.

My cocker suffered 2 vestibular attacks in quick sucession, at a similar age, so do you know if it is a spaniel thing?

Funnily enough I said to the vet this morning, is it something I’m doing to my dogs because nearly all of them end up with these attacks / events.

He did laugh and said it was my perfume but then said spaniels seem to be prone to them.

Reactions: L&M

Archangel

Visit site
Oh poor boy - he is gorgeous.

I suffer from labyrinthitis and it is horrible. I end up on the floor holding on feeling like I am still falling off.

Hope he feels better soon. Flickering lights can set me off among other things.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
my collie cross suffered one of these last june 3 days after she turned 13,and i took her to the emergency vet in the middle of the night. it really scared me as i had never heard of it before. i did put a thread up at that time and have since heard of another 2 collies who have had the same at similar age, it took mine a week to get steady enough on her back legs to go into the garden on her own, and the next week she was having a 5 min walk twice a day, it took another 3 months for her to get back to almost normal but she still holds her head slightly to one side . hope yours recovers quickly