Axioms no longer available- what fits like an axiom?

Julia0803

Visit site
Ok so very sadly it seems Axiom rugs are no longer available on eBay. Which is such a shame. I have two, one with neck and one without. Both around 5 years old and the most waterproof and tough rugs to date. We've just moved yards and at the old yard the boys field was full of young geldings playing rough as well as natural hedge shelters- but v spiky and so many of my rugs have been torn badly and destroyed. These two were the only ones holding up, but at the end of last winter the full necked one succumbed to a small tear.

Super cob is 14.2 chunk and Axiom fit him much better than others we've tried. He is a reliable 6ft in axiom but 6'3 in other brands. The next best fitting we have are Hzone, but sadly these aren't as tough/waterproof (but the removable necks are some of the best I've found). He has a shires but it's a bit meh. Gave up on derby house. Loveson and Rhine gold were no good, too tight across the shoulders, mini skirt.

So if you were a fan of axiom, what are you putting your horses in now?

Thanks

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I'm a fan of Axiom & when they stopped making the rugs I spoke with my local rug wash lady. She informed me that they had been taken over by Gallop? I haven't had to replace any of my numerous Axiom rugs yet so can't verify, but the rug wash lady is pretty knowledgeable. :)

Jo1987

Visit site
Derby house are the only brand that fit my chunk of a cob. Only the standard necks though, I'm yet to find a neck cover that doesn't strangle him!

Cowpony

Visit site
I've never had an Axiom but I do have some Gallop rugs and they are great! Fit my wide-chested part Welsh, are totally waterproof and we haven't ripped one yet (fingers crossed).

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I bloody love my Axioms and think I'm lucky to have got a few, thank god! I'd say Shires aren't bad as a replacement, I've got a couple on my chunky cob.

AFB

Visit site
I loved my Axioms, when I found that I couldn't get them I bought another cheap brand from eBay and have been equally happy - I'll have a look what it is tonight. I know I only bought a 600D at the time as funds were tight though, so not sure if they make the tougher ones.
I've also had an Eileen Douglas Tackshops rug that I've been v. happy with so would try more of theirs.

I absolutely hated the one Gallop rug I had (albeit probably 6/7 years ago), it's was a shocking fit and leaked almost straight away.