Ayr8 Plus fit

McFluff

Visit site
I need to replace my oldest trusty Ayr8 (I have an everyday one and a comp one - comp one is new). It’s one of the few hats that fit me (oval head). Does anyone know if the Ayr8 plus fits the same as the original? Thinking that the removable liner would be good for everyday.
Nowhere near me stocks it, so having to look online. Don’t think I can wait till big shows next year, assuming they happen again. Slightly nervous if it’s different fit though.
Anyone replaced an original with a plus? TIA

Shay

Visit site
The best thing you can do is visit a well stocked tack shop and get a proper fitting. We don't know how old you current model is, what standard it is certified for. Even the most knowlegable of us have no way to know if the shape has changed to fit emerging standards. I know you say there is no-one near you- but there honestly and genuinely is no way to answer your question.

Either take a punt and order online knowing you are going to spend a lot of time returning things.. and at risk becuase I don't think you are a professional fitter. Or figure out where you can get to and plan a little staycation.

Magsf7

New User
Visit site
I recently had to buy a new hat and like you I had an old Ayr8. Due to the lockdown I had no choice but to order one online and got the new AYR8 plus in the same size as the old one. For me it fits just the same, a bit tight to start off with due to the inner removable liner but after 30 minutes it felt the same. Now I don't even notice any difference. However, when I ordered it I did make sure they would accept a return just in case.