Baby Pony dressage Debut

dianchi

Visit site
So proper proud mummy moment (apologies this isn't a more prestigious event)
Took my hombred bred 4yo (technically she is 4 on 22nd) to her first ridden show for Intro A at a local evening dressage comp.

Bathed and plaited, like mum she knew something was up!

Loaded on the trailer- not been on a trailer in 2 years but after a quick look popped in no problem.

Only a 5min trip but good for her to get into the habit! Unloaded and tacked up and hopped straight on :)

Id taken spooky pony to this show last year so I knew the arena could cause some issues but she took it all in her stride. Mirrors no problem, arena flicking at the sides no problem!

Centre lines are wobbly but can work on that! Bit rushed in the walk (ideas welcome on improving that!) but fab transitions and perfectly behaved!

And most importantly was able to tie her up to the trailer and leave her with a Haynet whilst our travel buddy competed (supervised from a distance)

Realistically I was thinking mid 60's but was over the moon with a stonking 73.9%!!!!!
Almost wished I'd popped her in the prelim too, but baby steps best to have a good experience and not end on a bad note!

Love this lil mare so much and really hope that she just continues to be super!

Sorry pics aren't great it's stills of the video!

photo1_zps68fcddb4.jpg

photo2_zps15ae47fc.jpg

photo_zps3314166c.jpg

DressageCob

Visit site
Aw how lovely! That's a fabulous score. Lovely photos too. It's great when you see all your hard work paying off :D

stormclouds

Visit site
How brilliant! You must be over the moon. She's lovely looking. Must be incredible watching her go from a foal to placing at her first dressage test x