Babysitting 12 yr old

samerlin

Visit site
I have a 12 year old that would love to try a mock hunt, I have no problem with her doing one, but my horse isn't suitable. Is there such a thing as people that have reliable steady horses that are willing to stay with a 1st time child, and ensure that she gets round ok. Pony seems to be good and behaves in most situations but don't know about a hunt, what with all the excitement etc.
Am planning on getting her to do some hunter trials etc, but they don't have the same excitment as hunting.
pony 14hh and child can jump etc.

Lolo

Visit site
Contact your local hunt secretaries about meets next year, or of they know of anyone who'll take her out cubbing initially... People definitely do it- my sister has a little gang if children aged 6-12 who she nannies out hunting, and she's not rare (although she is one of the youngest at 19!).

PortwayPaddy

Visit site
I "nanny" for my hunt.

Most hunts will put the little ones with an experienced hunt member.

It's not just the babysitting, but the ability to explain the whys and where fores of hunting without patronising the younger ones or even first timers.

These youngsters are our legacy and if you get it right, a love of hunting will develop and last a lifetime.

Paddy

samerlin

Visit site
Thanks for your replies

anyone know any contacts for my area. I am Surrey/ Kent area.

Long time since I went hunting.