Back on the road??

BBs

Visit site
The boys have had the physio to them this lunch time.

I managed to get both worked this morning before work as I knew they would need some time off.

Anyway, physio has been, snoopy was a star and has yet another fan
smirk.gif
he was very tight on his left side and one side was more noticely developed then the other.
His spots are reducing daily, but the ones on the spine are still there
smirk.gif
albeit smaller, i guess they will just take some time, but im hopeful to be back on board by the weekend.

Winston was next up and i knew he was tight, so ive laid off the flat work and just taken him easy going on hacks working in straight lines and canter to get his fitness up a bit - with the odd lunge session along the way.
Hes been jumping well, but tight in his neck as well as behind the saddle.
As confirmed, he was bad and J had to really do her magic on him today.
Afterwards he was completely straight and managed to do his carot stretches well
grin.gif

So both arent allowed to be worked until Wednesday (evening) earliest. But can go on the walker...

So fingers x that winston feels very loose for his dressage on saturday
grin.gif
although not too loose as i dont fancy flying through the air
smirk.gif
after one of his legendary bucks
crazy.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
Aww good news, I bet you're itching to get back on board!

Ernie says thats the best part about the chiro...carrot stretches!

Tempi

Visit site
ooooo didnt realise you were competing Winnie - good luck with the dressage! I bet both yours will be full of it now after the physio! I know Bloss and Archie both were after their 'sessions'
grin.gif

Carrot stretches are definately the most wonderful invention!!

BBs

Visit site
lol Winston is doing a ODE on saturday
grin.gif
hasnt done anything since Smith Lawn horse trials last August... so not expecting much lol should be fun tho
cool.gif

Winston thinks carot stretches are rubbish he just walks backwards lol

BBs

Visit site
Thanks guys.

[ QUOTE ]
How comes you arent eventing him this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. because i just cant afford to event two horses, actually i struggle to event one lol

2. because we cannot guarantee good going, i dont want his ringbone to flair up. Im really pleased i stuck to my guns too, as i would have entered stilemans and tweseldown both events cancelled, and now in April we have really hard going. At least at Tweseldown the going wont be too bad
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Yep.
TBH I havent really thought about it much, shame really, but it was meant to be Snoopys first event and I guess i was looking forward to riding him.

Winston will love being out, and it will be nice to be on the big guy whose obviously more experienced, so hopefully the pressure will be off both of us and we can have *fun*.

I havent ridden in a ODE since last August, seems a million years ago now...

But as usual havent actually looked at the dressage test.... best pull finger out and at least know which way im turning at C lol

How was Foxhill??

SillyMare

Visit site
Good, it is a lovely course. Ground like concrete (especially in timed section) so we just hacked round really.

Clever Golden Balls Merry did the 2ft9-3ft class and still has un-broken record - 3 clears XC from 3 attempts.

Very green though and wasn't fluent, needs a few more miles on the clock before we try anything bigger.

BBs

Visit site
YAY well done merry
smile.gif

Thats super result.

Im still counting our first hunter trial was clear, just jockey was crap lol

I have two weeks until our first event, i hope i get to ride snoop this weekend or we will be withdrawing.

I must find out how my mate got on.

Well done, did he go under the GB name
wink.gif

Ash the arab

Visit site
Always makes me feel like a good mum when i have backs etc done!
Ash had his teeth done today and was told he has the best teeth you could expect a horse of his age (19) - so feeling very smug! Not so sure the same will be saod about his back?!!

Have fun on saturday - sure you will love getting the big boy out again, Snoops has loads of events ahead of him!