Back pain in mares when in season

Goldenstar

Visit site
Keep a calendar of the seasons starting at the beginning in the spring , you should then be able to work how many days before you need to lighten the work load .
With my mare I avoided competitions on the seasons weekly weekend and I did jump do flat work or fast work during seasons .
I also used to her lead her from another horse to rest her back .
I have used regumate in the past but not on that horse we managed her without medication.
IME regumate can transform some mares lives.

MummyEms

Visit site
Keep a calendar of the seasons starting at the beginning in the spring , you should then be able to work how many days before you need to lighten the work load .
With my mare I avoided competitions on the seasons weekly weekend and I did jump do flat work or fast work during seasons .
I also used to her lead her from another horse to rest her back .
I have used regumate in the past but not on that horse we managed her without medication.
IME regumate can transform some mares lives.
Such a good idea. Have added this one to my calandar to try and keep track

Yes we've used regumate on a kids pony before. . But my mare is in general very lovely to be around. Usually gentle and calm. Though always very very forward (sometimes extremely so) when ridden. But she is a thoroughbred.

Anyone rate any of the supplements for mares?

Anyone

pastit

Visit site
Hiya, yes I used Sassy Mare and Max Gut Health. Guts and Ovaries, one affects the other. Check for tapeworm - they congregate around the caecum. Check her back for tightness particularly lumbar spine, SI joint Any trouble there will affect the organs underneath including ovaries and caecum. Its a chicken and egg situation. My mare had awful seasons in terms of cramping every 21 days on the dot, couldn't possibly be ridden. Luckily she is such a nice natured mare, that we never had behavioural issues, other than lethargy and a bit crabby/sensitive. We are just at the end part of unravelling her issues and she is now on Agnus Castus (cheaper). The cramping has gone and her seasons are unnoticeable to anyone but us. Also suggest that you use the simplest diet possible to help the gut - no molasses,cereals or soya.

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Keep a calendar updated and avoid when she’s worse or peak times. Angus Castus did nothing for my mare but Regumate has been amazing. Game changer. She isn’t mareish at all, just got back pain and uncomfortable when ovulating.

Peglo

Visit site
Someone suggested to me to put a towel or blanket over her back to warm it up. Kind of like us using a hot water bottle on our stomachs.

I also wouldn’t ask for any strenuous work for the first while of a season.