Back, Physio, Chrio Recomendations near LS26

Hawks27

Visit site
My 7yr old is due to go for backing shortly but recently he has started clicking and clunking in his back / hips. Hes not lame he doesn't appear to be In any pain and he is his usually happy little self but i'd like him to have a through once over before I sit on him as don't want his first experience of a rider on board to be a bad one. In all my years though I have never had to have a back person / Physio etc out I don't know which profession would be the best to look into and as I nor anyone on my yard has never used one I don't know who's good in the area to contact so if anyone can recommend me someone it would be greatly appreciated

dilbert_uk

Visit site
We had twice someone from Victoria Spalding's team in Gildersome. One hour of examination and massaging did cost £ 70 and that included travel to West of Bradford (Wilsden) at that time, probably two years ago.

Hawks27

Visit site
Thanks drill bit i'll look her up, am confident there's nothing too wrong as I can't get him to indicate any pain when I give him a good prod but rather be safe than sorry before I hop on board for the 1st time

Izzwizz

Visit site
I can highly recommend Joelle Steyt who actually works with Vicky Spalding as per the above post. I have had Joelle treating my horses now for a few years, she is very good. She has a website if you google her, she isnt in the Country for a lot of time per month so booking is essential. She is actually coming to my horses tomorrow, one of them has kissing spines and so far so good with Joelle's treatment.

Hawks27

Visit site
thats great izzwhizz I've herd her name mentioned before I will get in touch as do want him looked at ASAP before I progress his training any further thanks

Izzwizz

Visit site
Good luck with it all. If you check out her website and look on the events calendar it is colour coded as to where she is and when.

Hawks27

Visit site
Had a look at her calendar looks like she's fully booked or abroad! have emailed for an appointment but doesn't look like I have a hope anytime soon, assuming my funds clear as promised in next 3weeks am hoping to have him away to trainers by end of next month

Izzwizz

Visit site
If thats the case then I would contact Vicky Spalding, she is equally a good Physio.

Incidentally Joelle treated both my mares today, the kissing spines one is now able to start light hacking, she was very pleased with her progress.

MizzPurpleKitten

Visit site
Also highly recommend Joelle Steyt (but I know you have to book months in advance as she does the belgian and USA teams) and Joe Carby. Tim Jarman is also reportedly excellent (not had personal experience) but again in very high demand. Hope you get someone sorted soon :)

Hawks27

Visit site
Thanks all I have had a reply from jollee and she is off to Belgium shortly so no appointments till September I will try contact spalding via the YEC this week and hope they have a vacancy this month

123horses

New User
Visit site
If you have no joy Janet Barton is very good. She's treated my horse a couple of times. My horse is based near Bradford but I'm sure she'd travel to LS26.

Izzwizz

Visit site
Thanks all I have had a reply from jollee and she is off to Belgium shortly so no appointments till September I will try contact spalding via the YEC this week and hope they have a vacancy this month

Joelle is coming back to see my kissing spine mare in September too. Hope you get on ok with your horse.

Hawks27

Visit site
Yes still looking yec have no appointments soon have emailed tim jarman and had no response a friend has given me a number for a local lady called faith but I don't know anything about her. PB if you could email me the contact details I will try your lady as well as do want him checked up as am reluctant to get on him till I know he Is ok