Back stabbing HHOers

scally

Visit site
Sorry that may be my interpretation the way I read it, but either way, it is the owners perogative to ask advise off of people they trust, as they must have doubts in the first place to ask advise and opinions.

In my mind it is very unprofessional as said either way as you can be sure as eggs are eggs on a forum or in RL, the responses the owner would get would probably be the same. Lets hope the rider takes good advise and progresses and moves on with the genuine help offered and not see it as people out to destroy him or her.

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if thats the case - where is the problem?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeedy! I would like to write more, but I will not, it is between the rider and owner and nothing to do with me
smile.gif

Scally, your attitude is the same as mine, eggs be eggs
smile.gif

Golden_Match_II

www.event-stablebarn.weebly.com
This is lame! And that's coming from a 15 year old! This post's only gonna lead to more fall outs etc. Let's just call it quits, and agree that backstabbing is not nice, but TBF, Weezy didn't backstab. Or be two-faced. She just spoke her mind. That's fair.

What's the point in lowering the tone of HHO? It has always been so lovely since I joined, and I don't want it to descend into a pit of bitchiness!

Love you all muchly xxxxxxxxx

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
[ QUOTE ]

What's the point in lowering the tone of HHO? It has always been so lovely since I joined, and I don't want it to descend into a pit of bitchiness!

[/ QUOTE ]

seconded - lets spread the love, spread the love people
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

scally

Visit site

Very true, and people also forget it is a very good place to show off their skills, and get rides offered to them, personally if my two horses come back for any reason there would be at least 10 people on here I would offer the rides to, through their honest posts, comp reports attitude etc that I would never meet in RL. That is the real positive side of this forum. it showcases their skills.

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
I'm sorry but this post is entirely ridiculous and unnecessary and causing a LOT of bad feeling. Hasn't enough damage already been done. I'm completely fed up with the pettyness on here at times, I don't know everything and I value other peoples opinions, which is I presume what most of us are here for?

This kind of thing should NEVER be brought on open forum. I like and respect most people on here but in some cases that is declining fast. Sometimes I wonder whether it's worth the hassle and may move elsewhere. Which is sad. If anyone has a problem it should be sorted between the people involved, others shouldn't get involved at all and if it can't be sorted between the parties direct and someone feels the need to leave that is THEIR perogative and b*gger all to do with anyone else.

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I received a PM at the turn of the year warning me that if i didn't admit who i was (they thought i was someone who'd they'd had dealings with..) i'd be 'outed' on the forum and my reputation would be left in tatters.

Anything to do with this?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL are you serious??? what kind of person sends someone that! That would get my back right up, i'd be wanting to meet in person
tongue.gif
Lord all mighty it is a forum!! reputation in tatters WTF! some people need to get a grip on reality. Hope you laughed at that! and propmtly deleted.

emma69

Visit site
It is not backstabbing for an owner to ask a third party for an opinion on a rider, riding THEIR HORSE. It is something owners do frequently, such as on livery yards when the staff and instructors are the ones who see the horse riden by the rider, and have the knowledge to give feedback. I've been asked for feedback before, and I am honest with the owner, regardless of any friendship / animosity between myself and the rider. The duty is to the horse - and if the owner seeks out an opinion of someone, they have a duty to be honest. What the owner does with that information is irrelevant, you can't be dishonest to protect someone's feelings when a horse's welfare, or even just general comfort is concerned.

Zebedee

Visit site
QR
Not aware of the full story, but.......
Posts like this one are just pointless inuendo unless the OP is prepared to name & quote.
Weezy - sorry you've been dragged in to yet another storm in a teacup.
FWIW if I'm ever asked an opinion I say it as I see it as tactfully as I can. If I thought anyone I knew could place a horse better than they already had and IF they asked my opinion they'd get it. That way MY integrity is preserved.

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I received a PM at the turn of the year warning me that if i didn't admit who i was (they thought i was someone who'd they'd had dealings with..) i'd be 'outed' on the forum and my reputation would be left in tatters.

Anything to do with this?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL are you serious??? what kind of person sends someone that! That would get my back right up, i'd be wanting to meet in person
tongue.gif
Lord all mighty it is a forum!! reputation in tatters WTF! some people need to get a grip on reality. Hope you laughed at that! and propmtly deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately there have been several "outings" of people on here and several that made a good effort to damage peoples reputations. There are people on this thread who have been here long enough to know that HHO witch hunts are sadly quite true although luckily infrequent.

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
[ QUOTE ]
that my PM was NOT nasty!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what was in the PM but the owner was very upset about what happened and spoke to me on the phone about what happened, and they said 'that Weezy never said anything nasty and was only trying to be helpful', and they felt very upset that that their trust had been breeched... my advice was to talk to Weezy and when she explained how the rider had found out, that Weezy would understand, which is what I think happened because she then rang me to say that 'Weezy had been ace about it'.

I don't usually get involved in this sort of thing on the forum but I can tell you, if the rider had done what the owner said they had done, I would have taken my horse away too, hopefully the rider will have learnt not to go nosing into other people messages without their permission!

siennamum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
TBH I can't be arsed with the hassle of defending MY OPINIONS when people don't agree with them.
What has happened to some users in PM's and RL is really not on.
But we are all different, we have different ideas and different goals. Live and let live.

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't have put it better myself, although I think it also has a lot to do with how much time people want to devote to forum life rather than 'real' life. It's far too important to some users unfortunately.

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
This is lame! And that's coming from a 15 year old! This post's only gonna lead to more fall outs etc. Let's just call it quits, and agree that backstabbing is not nice, but TBF, Weezy didn't backstab. Or be two-faced. She just spoke her mind. That's fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

hear hear, couldn't have put it better myself. might have been a bit more frugal with the kisses, but that's age for you.
wink.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
And there's a world of difference between a PM being taken shirtily, when that wasn't the intention/skins being too thin/pride being dented etc., and turning up in RL and continuing the 'assault'. If that's what all this is also about.

Jesus.

We have taken on a ride and would be only to grateful for opinions which we could either take on board - we have
smile.gif
- or ignore - we haven't had to
smile.gif
smile.gif

Get over yourselves. If you are the ones who need to.

Peace and love, peace and love.

Sarah1

Visit site
QR - FWIW I have got to agree with people who are asking 'what's the problem?'
Owner asked someone their opinion, a conversation ensued where opinions were expressed, concerns were obviously voiced to the rider but no one has been hurt & the rider has retained the ride?! What's the issue here?!
I don't know Weezy in RL but I have read a lot of her posts & she's always very honest & straight forward and calls a spade a spade as it were, I for one appreciate this kind of honesty, it's constructive, not nasty and if a few more people were like her then there would be no need for a 'backstabbing is nasty, boo hoo hoo' post!
Get off her back.
ETS - peace & love, hugs & kisses etc etc etc!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Well, you didn't hold back when we met
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif
I appreciate straight talking and would merely be puzzled and disappointed if you subsequently PM'd all and sundry saying what crap riding you had seen.

I think I'm a good judge of who knows what they are on about and even if not proven correct immediately, I'm not usually far wrong. And I kind of know where 'our' strengths and weaknesses lie. If they matter, they should be fixed. If they are inconsequential, they don't matter as long as the horse is not suffering, regressing or 'being ruined'. If so, the rider needs to be big enough to admit it. No room for sour grapes on either side on this one.

Sal_E

Visit site
Only me - the forum is 'supposed to be fun' amongst other things. It's also a community & people get to know each other. People seem to forget that whilst on a forum you are also STILL participating in real life - if this had happened in person you wouldn't question it would you? Having opinions is what makes the world go round.

Surely Weezy's opinion is either invalid (to be ignored) or valid (= constructive criticism). The owner needs to decide which & act accordingly, either with or without the current rider. Real life.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I would like to add that I was the other person involved and that anyone who knows me - will tell you that I speak my mind. I was asked for my opinion again like Weezy and I gave it. I also told the person involved that I had made mistakes and that it ended up with a dead horse through me being a strong headed teenager and not listening to advice (horse broke down on both tendons and had to be shot). I learnt in the worst way possible and never want to see anyone go through what my family went through.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I don't see why this is such a big issue. If someone sent me a nasty PM, I'd simply forward it to admin - if it were dodgy then I would expect admin to delete their account. If the person re-registered etc. and kept sending messages, I'd simply delete them. You can do this in your inbox, without even looking at the message body. Tehre are nasty people around but simply ignore them?!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Weezy hun, unfortunately it appears you are cursed with the same problem as me. Its HONESTY and INTEGRETY,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the inability to spell.

[/ QUOTE ]
Weezy can spell
confused.gif

And whilst I'm a great fan of correct grammar and spelling, what's it got to do with the price of eggs?