Back Support

Alibear

Visit site
The search function works again but I'm finding products from 2010 which are no longer available.
I'm suffering from frequent lower back issues due to arthritis combined with a bit of hypermobility, and I wondered if anyone could recommend a lower back support, mainly to help ease the pain rather than for riding comfort but both would be nice :)
Yes I've checked with GP and Physio, both are fairly non-committal about them but as I'm sat at my desk as work trying to maintain a sense of humour and be nice to my co-workers, anything that could help must be worth a shot.
So far I've found a Rambo ionic one?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Try looking for a posture brace if its for office type stuff, wouldn't know how they would be to ride in tho, not tried!
Also look up medical corset.
Both will help you sit straight & in turn should alleviate some back pain.

Alibear

Visit site
I've got a very natty upright go gadget to make sure I don't slump at my desk https://www.uprightpose.com/en-gb/
But currently with my lower back as it is I can't actually get to normal posture, when I wake up I'm pretty much pain free but as I sit up it starts and just builds from there throughout the day.
I'm looking for something to help take the strain a bit whilst I recover, I shall have a look at medical corset although it sounds a tad scary!

vhf

Visit site
I have the BOT one. It doesn't really support, so brace is a bit of a misnomer unless you pull it quite tight. But it's like wearing a very slightly warm hot water bottle against your back; in my case, helps stop the muscles going into spasm.

henmother

Visit site
I use a prolite back support when needed . My spine is scaffolded and I find it helps with lower back pain when in , and out of the saddle . You can usually pick them up on fleabay for cheap enough .

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Boots do a washable..done up with Velcro straps corset type affair which I bought when transitioning from metal brace corset to using nothing when I broke my back.