backing and breaking horses.

flossy_123

Visit site
hey, has anyone sent there horses off to be broken, but only to find you could of done a better job than they did in the first place?? happend to me and god am i suffering for it now!!!
mad.gif

flossy_123

Visit site
lol its just a girl in my area broke my gelding in and did a rubbish job coz she fell off at the slitest thing he did so now he will try absolutly anything with you!! he had a 5 month break but now since december has started "proper" work and is comming on nicly but its just the odd ocation were a leg could go flying or u could be on him 1 second and be on the floor the next!! lol she had him for 12 weeks and he caim back to me only just trotting no canter had even been attempted or anything else on that matter!
i think she goes by the name foxyeventing? or something stupid as that but im nt surtain.

how long do u think it should take to back a horse just to trot? (anyone)?

thank you

hannahkirkhill

Visit site
That is a bit of a how long is a peice of string question
wink.gif
Its just taken me what seams like ages to get one going, but he was sooo sharp and defensive- untouched 5yr old from Ireland. I got my chap in Jan, he has just been to his first showjumping outing and did a dress test last wkend and he was bl***dy hard work- took me half an hr to get the head coller back on him in his stable the first day and he's smashed out of the scool twice learning to lunge and by god did he buck..propper rodeo pony lol!
So a well handled babie should not take 12weeks to trot, I trot on yard first time I sit on them, then trot in a straigt(ish) line up drive, hack out once can trot up and down drive, trotting circles once we are going forward happily on hacks.
but I will spend hours long reining every where before I get on, and matthew 2 (my teddy) will ride any shap ones before I do so they cant get in the habbit of bucking off what they dont like
wink.gif
lol
Sorry cant really put a time on it as they are all so diffrent but defo not 12weeks
confused.gif

flossy_123

Visit site
haha thats wot i thort!!! lol iv done most of the work shes woz spoz to do wen we were paying for him to be backed and broken!! i think the girl is a pathological lyer!! anyways!!! i bred him my self and hes well handled and all that he was lovely, hes ok now tho (i hope) !!!! lol oh btw wat breed is the bay ??? ^^^^^^^^^

Rainbowrider

Visit site
How did you choose this person to back your horse? Did you visit her at work? Look at some other horses she has started? Find out locally about her reputation, and experience?

I back horses for people and I have a list of references to show potential clients. Did you ask for references?

Just out of interest, do you mind saying how much you paid her?