Bad experience buying boots from Italy

its_noodles

Visit site
Hi All,

I haven't been here for a while and hope you are all doing well! Just want to share a bad experience buying boots from Italy.

I have been a loyal supporter of Sergio Grasso boots for many many years. I did stop riding for a few years during Covid. I just started riding again and am trying to treat myself with new pair of boots. I did my research and found a website in Italy which sells Sergio Grasso boots. To cut the long story short, I ordered one of the most expensive pairs before Christmas 2023 and paid upfront. The boots finally arrived on 27 March 2024.

The problem is that the boots are too small. I simply couldn't get in. I sent numerous photos and videos with measurements to the trader. Their responses were that Sergio Grasso said they are the right size and wouldn't accept they are too small. I asked to return the boots but they now said I have to prove it's not the right size. I told them I know my size as I have three other pairs of Sergio Grasso. They now asked me to buy another pair of Sergio Grasso so that I can compare!

I didn't bypass any procedure and paid the delivery and import tax to the UK.

What would you do?

teapot

Visit site
I trust you've taken photos of them not being able to do up? Have you checked they measure what you specified?

its_noodles

Visit site
BTW, they first suggested to take the insole out, and to enrol the service of a local shoemaker to alter the boots. I paid good money for a new pair of boots. I am not having it!.

BSL2

Visit site
I'm so sorry you must be really disappointed. I don't want to rub salt in the wound, but I personally never buy footwear, unless guaranteed returns or spend more than I can afford to lose on boots I can't try on. Ive big feet and skinny legs😟I truly hope you get sorted.