BAD XC SCHOOLING SESSION

theredberri

Visit site
I'm feeling really, really angry with myself...my mare has an amazing jump, went xc schooling today and she decided to be REALLY spooky and I just blanked
mad.gif
I didn't ride her forward enough so ended up stopping at a few
mad.gif
mad.gif
I'm so angry with myself as everything has been going so well and this was meant to be a nice last prep before moving up to Novice on Saturday. I rode like a complete numpty
mad.gif
Sorry, I'm just really angry that a) I would ride like this b)take far to long to correct it. Does anyone else have days like this?

shee

Visit site
i think everyone has off days! the best thing to do is learn from it and move on, remeber the whole point of the sport is to enjoy yourself and have fun!!

good luck on Sat
grin.gif

rlhnlk

Visit site
We all have days where we go blank. I've popped round a 1.10 course but 1 week later struggled to jump a 75cm cross pole. At least if you had your off day today then you will be fab next time you ride
smile.gif

theredberri

Visit site
Thank you! It's so easy to start feeling down and that really brightened everything up! Horses can be so forgiving thank goodness, I just feel so bad as she's such a goer and a good jumper but as you say, we all have off days!

Vicki1986

Visit site
although im much lower level i had a similar thing happen a few weeks ago on a xc clinic, i went there to up my confidence but the instructor was crap and i didnt ride particularly well as i felt very pressured by her, so had a few stops. i felt like i was 'ruining' my little mare with my crummy riding as she loves XC. but i came home and went round our few xc fences and got our rhythm back together and have learnt from my mistakes, also went clear and 1 stop on last 2 HT classes, so sometimes its good to have an off day as you can take some things from it and actually come off better
smile.gif