Badgers - Noises worrying pony ?

Spangles

Visit site
Bit of an odd one ..
I’ve heard some grunting noises on a couple of occasions, a bit like pigs but a lower tone, through the trees at the yard. Pony (vigilant mare) not keen on staying in her field more often than not so I’m wondering if she’s hearing these noises & shes worrying what they are?

I’m not worried about Badgers being close by but has anyone come across this situation with the noises they make frightening horses ?

Labaire

Visit site
My ponies share paddocks with badgers with no issues-although I’d be surprised if the greedy one doesn’t see them off a bit like he does with everything else. Deer ime are more likely to alert the ponies than anything else.

cowgirl16

Visit site
Sorry but I had to giggle when I read this post - I was walking my dog one day - broad daylight, about early lunchtime. The footpath went through the middle of a field - bottom of field was a small brook, lots of trees etc - a really pretty spot. Quite out of the way, but as I say, I was on a public footpath. The horses belonging to a riding school locally were out in the field the other side of he brook, and were really stirred up - running in circles, and kept staring into the trees. I thought they maybe had seen some deer. As I made my way along the footpath, I could hear some strange grunting sounds, and assumed it was some wild beastie of some sort. It wasn't a beastie - it was 2 two legged beasties - er - enjoying themselves down by the brook. I guess they thought nobody would see them there! I still chuckle about it!