Badminton 2022 course

Supertrooper

Visit site
I’m not paying for Badminton tv but the small snippet they had on Facebook looked like there’s a ski type jump

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

Wishfilly

Visit site
Just watched the course walk and there is a big broken bridge in there! Definitely a scary looking track with also some technical questions!

Reactions: TPO

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Did think that price was a bit o_O

I haven't made use of my Badminton TV subscription yet, but will be watching the 2022 coursewalk soon.

To get folk who won't be attending in person into the right mood, how about this for an indulgent purchase? The 2022 Badminton tee, a snip at £54.95.

https://www.joules.com/Women/Clothing/Badminton/Polo-Shirt?size=10&id=217354|COBALT|10

View attachment 91010
I confess to having a secret naughty penchant for buying event logoed clothing.

teapot

Visit site
I haven't made use of my Badminton TV subscription yet, but will be watching the 2022 coursewalk soon.

To get folk who won't be attending in person into the right mood, how about this for an indulgent purchase? The 2022 Badminton tee, a snip at £54.95.

https://www.joules.com/Women/Clothing/Badminton/Polo-Shirt?size=10&id=217354|COBALT|10

View attachment 91010
I confess to having a secret naughty penchant for buying event logoed clothing.

Oooofff. I worked for Joules back when those at Head Office could remember the company’s roots, ie tradestand based good quality clothing at reasonable prices.

Give it a week after Badminton and it’ll be half price on the website.

Nicnac

Visit site
I really dislike the Joules Badminton range. Far too 'busy' for me and outrageously expensive! Wonder how much they cost to make - £3.49?

I am going for the duration as usual so haven't yet subscribed to Badminton TV but may do so to rewatch this and previous years - 2 subscriptions are cheaper than one polo shirt - crazy.

teapot

Visit site
I really dislike the Joules Badminton range. Far too 'busy' for me and outrageously expensive! Wonder how much they cost to make - £3.49?

I am going for the duration as usual so haven't yet subscribed to Badminton TV but may do so to rewatch this and previous years - 2 subscriptions are cheaper than one polo shirt - crazy.

Back in the day, staff would buy clothes at ‘trade price’. I can’t remember exact figures but it was something stupid like a third of the RRP, and it would list the cost price next to it, with a small difference between the two. It was pretty cheaply made then, let alone now!

jnb

Visit site
I realise everyone on here is a size 12 or under, but WHY are Joules always sold out of size 16 and up? Everyone knows they shrink so you need a size up anyway and no one wants to see my fat!
Could it be they make the same number of every size and the bigger ones sell quicker - in which case it wouldn't be rocket science to make more bigger sizes & less smaller (or make the sizes bigger/not shrink) ..............?

j1ffy

Visit site
Just watched it - it looks like a really good course and (to me) utterly terrifying! Regardless of what AN said at the end, he looked like he'd love to have a go at a few of those combinations ;)

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Aren't we lucky to have articulate and 'thinking' course designers like Eric who are able and willing to share the logic behind the questions. I really like the fact that he seems like he really thinks this through from a range of angles - horses POV, riders POV and wider sport's image. Wish I could just be a fly on the wall for the whole designing process!

Gamebird

Visit site
Aren't we lucky to have articulate and 'thinking' course designers like Eric who are able and willing to share the logic behind the questions. I really like the fact that he seems like he really thinks this through from a range of angles - horses POV, riders POV and wider sport's image. Wish I could just be a fly on the wall for the whole designing process!

I walked the Hartpury FEI tracks (that he designed) with him a couple of years ago, with the emphasis on course design, and it was a great experience. There were quite a few factors in fence choice, placement etc. and even varying combination distances for different stages on the course that I would never have thought about.

IrishMilo

Visit site
Bought my Badminton pass yesterday - currently watching Badders 2018.

I love the look of this year's course. Going to be interesting to watch for sure.

IrishMilo

Visit site
The broken bridge is definitely a rider frightener - or it would terrify me anyway. I'll be interested to see how it rides.

I definitely wouldn't be gagging at the bit to jump it but I think it'll actually ride fairly well! I like that the course is a bit different this year.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I realise everyone on here is a size 12 or under, but WHY are Joules always sold out of size 16 and up? Everyone knows they shrink so you need a size up anyway and no one wants to see my fat!
Could it be they make the same number of every size and the bigger ones sell quicker - in which case it wouldn't be rocket science to make more bigger sizes & less smaller (or make the sizes bigger/not shrink) ..............?
Just a heads up that Joules have 2022 Badminton tees on ebay in sizes 8 - 18 :).

This style is IMHO classier than the overly busy design pictured upthread. It does have 2022 embroidered on the back.

09CB58A2-EF3C-4959-A679-35C853E18312.jpeg

I've just won on ebay a new-with-tags discontinued navy Badminton tee for £32, which is still double what I normally pay for a polo shirt :oops:. Gotta get in the mood, though :D.